Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I purchased the first brand new car I've ever owned. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until January for delivery.

Typically I've gone for older performance cars, vehicles I could never afford brand new. Celica GT4, Mistubishi Evo 6, E39 BMW M5 etc.

Anyway I've always enjoyed hot hatches and in my younger days I was a Vauxhall nut so on that note I went for the Astra GTC VXR in Summit White with some options.

Now it's not as powerful as my previous cars but I wanted something semi sensible and liked the way it drove.

Now just to wait until I can detail it!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Good choice mate they look really good the new VXR's. Seen a few in blue and red but the first white the other day looked cool!

There won't be anything in it between this and your old cars I wouldn't of thought. Maybe the M5 but not the EVO or gt4, the old turbos just feel really quick due to there delivery in one big lump!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gt4 was about 300bhp and the Evo was 400bhp. So both felt fairly quick. I've reached the point now where I don't want to be working on cars on everyday off. I'd rather just be cleaning and polishing.

I originally went to see the VXR Astra but the price put me off. So test drove a Corsa VXR nurburgring and was quite impressed. But not prepared to sign on the dotted line on the day. A day later the salesman called me back saying that they could get the price of the Astra down and they could get me one to test drive if I wanted so I went and had a look and a drive. Looked over some figures. The car they were offering was lacking options. Once specced up it was getting expensive again so I held my ground and got nearly 5k off the list price, the options I wanted, dealer deposit contriution and £500 cash back. Oh and a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Good man, good job at getting discounts
Bloke at work has the nice blue one and I think it looks great. White should have a good contrast. Do like the quick vauxhalls

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice work it's a beautiful car. I went to test drive a nurburgring corsa but after sitting in one and having 3 previous corsas I was very underwhelmed I'm sure they are wicked fun but if I had to choose a vx again it would be the astra vxr.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
How long before it gets delivered?.....just wondering how long I got to wait for pictures :D :argie: :thumb:

Lovely looking motors - would love to see what the interior looks like (please) ;)

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Delivery will be January so a long wait for me to detail it and drive it.

I don't have any interior pics unfortunately.
That's a bummer - I'll wait until Jan before you chuck up the interior pics then <already tapping fingers>... :D

You'll be pleasantly surprised, with Christmas being chucked in between, at how fast time will fly mate ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.