Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

What are people's opinions on the Gen 3 Mini, being officially revealed today!

I'm on my third Mini now but I am a bit unsure about the new one.

The front doesn't seem to match the back and apparently the S variant is a 2.0 Turbo but only has 5bhp more than my current 1.6T 'S'.

The new Cooper and Cooper D do seem to have the traditional BMW traits of good power/0-62 whilst still offering decent MPG and low CO2 emissions.

Just wondering what other people thought?!

·
Built-Not-Bought
7,438 Posts
Personally I've never been a fan of the BMW Mini range. Admittedly I'm sure the Cooper-S models are a good laugh and they seem nicely put together.

Personally I'm a little put off by their image as they are a bit 'designer handbag' for my liking and I can't say that the new model does much for me in terms of looks.

No doubt it'll sell by the bucket load though.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Not particularly great looking but loads of chassis/suspension revisions along with better gadgets and bits and bobs.

My missus likes the look of a Cooper S and given that we've had an 04' Reg Cooper for 6 years, I think she might be eyeing them up!

·
Crisp Eater
5,151 Posts
When BMW first released the MINI back in 2001, I absolutely hated it, a Mini only in name. But with every incarnation they've released since I like the original new a little more. The latest are blooming 'orrible imho. I parked next to a newer one the other week and it was almost bigger than my Golf.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Personally I've never been a fan of the BMW Mini range. Admittedly I'm sure the Cooper-S models are a good laugh and they seem nicely put together.

Personally I'm a little put off by their image as they are a bit 'designer handbag' for my liking and I can't say that the new model does much for me in terms of looks.

No doubt it'll sell by the bucket load though.
Agreed, best thing about them is the name though BMW have exploited that along with prices & the optios boxes lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
It may just be me but when I see this new shape mini the grill and headlights remind me of these guys:

LMFAO. Maybe they have recruited some of the Peogeut designers from 10 years ago.

When BMW first released the MINI back in 2001, I absolutely hated it, a Mini only in name. But with every incarnation they've released since I like the original new a little more. The latest are blooming 'orrible imho. I parked next to a newer one the other week and it was almost bigger than my Golf.
That first generation was the Rover design, apparently Munich prefered it to their own, maybe the new model is BMW's first idea lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.