Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Folks.

A New product from Auto Finesse Simply Called Dressle as its a water based dressing to indeed dress all.

Exterior and interior trim including engine bay plastics.

So Product arrived with product details.

Now i imagine the retail version will have a spray head but the sample is too small for a typical spray head so i grabbed a little atomizer head so i tended to spritz about 3 or 4 times onto a micro fibre or even onto the plastics.

Now all trims were wiped down with Either Bilt Hamber Surfex HD or Car Pro Eraser or a combination.

Does give a very subtle finish and does not feel greasy at all no transfer to skin when wiped by hand.

Photographing the finish does not always show as well in pictures as it does to the Human eye.

Sometimes it will show darker on camera sometimes it will barely show on camera but clearer to the eye.

This is about as it was to the eye on the airfilter housing.

This on the horizontal radiator grills, only on the grills not the plastic mesh behind.

This stuff dries very fast certainly by the spritz the micro fibre cloth and wipe. Just 4 spritz's did the grills and one side of the door trim on the van.

Now the door trim looked very very slightly darker on the treated side than the non treated side than the camera shows. Left side treated by the way....:lol:

The Arm Rest Tray...

Now it seams darker on Camera than to the human eye but still certainly darker.

Surface still remained Matt.

Now to show how subtle the finish is a lot of trim dressings that give a glossy finish are viewable at multiple angles.

However the above shots were viewed directly over head.

This shot is taken from the side angle and as such there is no apparent dressing on at all the finish is so natural.

I tried the layering on the door trim but did not notice any more darkening to the finish.

So many dressings cannot be used on the interiors unless you want a glossy finish.

However this product gives a nice natural look no glossiness to my eye just a darkening and im really liking this product.

This was the Dressle on the right side of the centre console just above the CD Slot.

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great review
Thank you, i need to have a go on the mat dash of my pug but the fact the Van is used every day i can keep a good eye on its longevity. I did a 50/50 on the dash of the van but camera does not show it up as it was such a subtle improvement but i liked it. I think the main word in my review may be Subtle....:lol:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats its reaction to water on the trims out side of the car?
Dont know yet Chris, only put it on during my lunch break but i often endup bouncing down muddy lanes....:lol:

I cant see it running at all like some do but you never know if not ill have to throw some water at it...:lol:

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Nice review James, thanks for taking the time to put this together for us and sharing your views with us.

Good question, its not going to be as durable as something like Revive is, but it holds on for a decent amount of time, its intended use is for those trickier areas, such as "honeycomb" design grills, engine bays, and other intricate plastic or vinyl trim.

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I did not get any running as you do with some when wet.

Survived a wash some days after with a brush after getting covered in mud down country lanes.

The Dressele for me gave about 2 weeks on the vans door strips, thats cleaned with a brush.

Interior plastics about the same, the engine bay air box as its not exposed to uv is still looking near as good as it went on come a month later.

This was all with little spray and certainly no soaking. Very Little used.

Its not a staggeringly dark dressing, then again it may be on more faded plastics not really tried on such but its a product that does give a very natural finish, could be a great product for the classic scene or any vehicle that you dont want to look like its been covered in a greasy film.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.