Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was just a quick one I did with my mate and his new car that he won!! Had a ton of fun, it was good to get another mate involved in detailing. Don't think he is going to go overboard like us, he just wants the best for his baby as we all can relate to. :)

This is a brand new VF SSV Commodore Ute. Its got a 270KW 530Nm V8 with a 6 speed manual. Fun!!!
http://www.holden.com.au/cars/ute/range/ss-v

It was just a new car prep - light polish to clean up any marring and to give it some bling, then coated with HD NitroSeal for some really solid protection.

With my mate coming around, and it being so damn hot where I am now, I didn't really want to go overboard and keep him here waiting all day. So this was just paint only. No wheels or interior etc, we will save that for another day. Keeping this in mind, I got him to make sure his car was washed and clean before he brought it around. Saved us about an hour and a half right there!

So first up, we gave to paint a good wipe down with panel wipe to get rid of all the dealer gunk and assess the 'free' dealer delivery damage. The paint wasn't that bad, looked like marring and a few marks, but no scratches etc.

This is about the extent of the damage, only really seen under lights. The car looked clean, just not gleaming how it should.

After a bit of coaching, I let my mate loose with the Bigfoot with Rupes white pad and M205 on the big areas, and I did the tighter stuff with the Flex rotary with 3" blue 3M pad with M205. I didn't really have to correct his work, just had to give the bonnet another hit, but that's where the majority of the damage was to start with. Got to love how easy the Bigfoot and M205 is to use!

The peel isn't that terrible, just your typical new car paint.

Looking great after a lick with the polisher!

Polishing all finished and wiped down with Eraser (my mate was a bit distracted! :p)

The ute then got HD NitroSeal for LSP. Didn't take any pics, just got stuck into it. Waited about 40 min before wipe off.

Final vid outside. The paint was still darkening up nicely too!

Hope you enjoyed the little vids for something different. Seems to get a better perspective of the car than pictures. Cheers for looking! Any questions and comments welcome! :thumb:

Matty.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks awesome! how did your mate win this??
where abouts in Aussie you from??
Cheers! Yeah, one of the big discount electrical chain stores over here had a catalogue promotion. Buy something out of the catalogue, go into the draw. He was very lucky to win!

I'm from Darwin in the Northern Territory. Right up the top of Australia. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice Matty :cool:

Should've chosen black though as that instantly adds more kW :p:p

Do you get any problems with the polishes in the heat you get?
Haha! Thanks Alex! Chev badges to come later! :lol:

Nope, never had a problem with heat. I do give them a chance to cool down, regular pad changes help too.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great work to both of use. Surprised you didn't use artdeshine products.
I wanted to coat it, but time was an issue. The HD NitroSeal is comparable to a coating, it'll last over a year very easily. ;)

The weather isn't favourable here at the moment either. We're at the start of our monsoon rain season, so can't guarantee the car wouldn't get wet. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.