Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone :thumb:

Here's my third and final review for the 3 items sent to me for this months reviewing to be completed.

Like with Lather , I currently own a couple of bottles of satin and like previous comments , unfortunately the durability does not last. So knowing the Auto Finesse team have took our feed back and hopefully this could be the new tweeked version that will help sort out the durability out :thumb:

So I am going to apply the new Satin version on the drivers side of the car ( front and rear ) and the old Satin on the passenger ( front and rear )

Heres some before pictures ( Front two only )

I used Citrus Power on the tyres and used original Lather on the alloys ( I had used some Swissvax Autobahn on my last detailing session to give a car a good clean up)

A couple of pics after cleaned up

Here is the new Satin version applied to the front and rear driver side

The new version was really like water based and when applying to my foam applicator ( It nearly run off the egde of the pad )

Here is the old Satin version applied the front and rear passenger

The new Satin version is not has a glossy finish as the original ( to which I prefer ) it is easy to apply and like I say it is like water based. I think its a nice finish and not to glossy.

I did the tyres yesterday ( Sunday ) I will take a picture of the tyres in a weeks time and will upload them

Sorry pictures 3 days late.

New satin applied

10 days later

The original satin applied

10 days later

It hasn't helped that these pictures have been taken 10 days after applied. The weather wasn't much good on sunday to take then.

I will continue to use the remaining new satin up and will try applying two coats on the next occasion.

To me the new satin , it definitely gave a different finish effect but durability unfortunately has not lasted. The weather hasn't been good by me unfort so that hasn't helped.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
A good little review there :)
I wish I still had some of the old Satin to do a side by side, but from what I remember and from your photos, the old version was harder to get an even finish, and to get it into all of the lettering smoothly where as the new version is a piece of cake.
I'll keep and eye out for the updates:thumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
One thing which I think is missing with these satin reviews is how does the new version fair in terms of product sling?

This is something that puts me off routinely using tyre gels.

Any thoughts/comments?

·
Registered
935 Posts
One thing which I think is missing with these satin reviews is how does the new version fair in terms of product sling?

This is something that puts me off routinely using tyre gels.

Any thoughts/comments?
I've had mine on since Sat and noticed no sling, didn't with the original either. In fact only one was Meg's endurance used to sling if applied to thick.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel both versions bond with the tyre ok , the old satin is very gel based and clings to the tyre. The satin clings to the tyre well aswel. I think the main results between the two will come now over the week.

My personnel thoughts reference tyre dressing ( any make / brand ) I think it will be hard to get a product ( or within a decent budget ) that will perform well. Tyres get a hell of a bashing at the best of the time ( Espy with our roads ) that's before you consider the weather , come rain , snow etc. I really think a tyre dressing that can withstand all the above will be hard to master.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.