Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I need a 12v tyre inflator, my previous RING died so tried another TWO Ring replacements both of which were dead on delivery and had some major design faults, so that rules RING out for me.

so anyone recommend a decent 12v tyre inflator ? Ideally not battery powered, that can be attached and left to run to designated pressure and doesn’t need holding - which rules out some of the Uber mini one

Ideally under £50 - thanks in advance

·
Registered
388 Posts
I’ve had a few 12v cheepies and binned them, the last one added the required pressure to the pressure already in the tyre !

had this one a few months and very impressed. Comes with mains and 12v cable so fits your spec

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know you’ve said 12v and not battery powered but genuinely impressed with the Makita DMP 180z, it inflates accurately as compared to my digital gauge.
Another vote for the Makita. I've also got the Ring RAC900 but it's such a faff having to open the car, then the bonnet, attach the too short power cables to the battery, the curled air hose always snags on something and never curls back properly and is so springy it drags the compressor across the ground and pulls on the power cables so I worry about paint damage. Then you can either view the pressure guage or reach the power switch, not both at the same time, so you have to keep an eye on the pressure and when it reaches where you want it you have to dash back to the front of the car to turn the compressir off, then back to the wheel and as the guage isn't very accurate you have to disconnect the air hose and use a separate guage to get the pressure you want. Then repeat with the other 3 wheels. The Makita is so much easier, set the pressure on the unit, remove valve cap, attach the hose, hold the trigger until the unit auto stops, detach the hose and put the valve cap back on. Admittedly it's not cheap, even more so if you don't already have a compatible Makita battery but it's worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe other brands do something similar?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Another vote for the Makita. I've also got the Ring RAC900 but it's such a faff having to open the car, then the bonnet, attach the too short power cables to the battery, the curled air hose always snags on something and never curls back properly and is so springy it drags the compressor across the ground and pulls on the power cables so I worry about paint damage. Then you can either view the pressure guage or reach the power switch, not both at the same time, so you have to keep an eye on the pressure and when it reaches where you want it you have to dash back to the front of the car to turn the compressir off, then back to the wheel and as the guage isn't very accurate you have to disconnect the air hose and use a separate guage to get the pressure you want. Then repeat with the other 3 wheels. The Makita is so much easier, set the pressure on the unit, remove valve cap, attach the hose, hold the trigger until the unit auto stops, detach the hose and put the valve cap back on. Admittedly it's not cheap, even more so if you don't already have a compatible Makita battery but it's worth every penny in my opinion. Maybe other brands do something similar?
Yet another one for the makita, great for motorbike tyres as its easier to attach the hose to the valve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts