Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put on new wiper blades (champion) and the noise is driving me nuts was told to give the windscreen a good clean,as it might be the screen wash (VW own)i have some AG fast glass and glass polish,will this work or is there a better product,should i put glass polish on the windscreen?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Did you have the same problem with your previous wiper blades? I hardly doubt that cleaning the windscreen will solve your problem. For me the main reasons would be:

1. Rubbish wipers even they are new ones.
2. Your wiper arm is bented or dislocated.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Try giving the blades a thorough clean with some APC, I had the same problem when I got new blades back March. Even though they are brand new they're not necessarily clean as I found out when I cleaned mine.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Do you have any clay?

I'm not saying this WILL solve the problem, but if you DO have some handy I'd clay the windscreen first and see if it DOES solve the problem. You'll have nothing to lose by doing so, and it takes about 5 minutes.

Cheaper than jumping straight in to buying a different brand of blades :thumb:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Give the glass a wipe down with neat IPA and you should be able to remove any contamination. CarPro Eraser is a better alternative if you have any.

I'd recommend applying a good glass sealant like Nanolex Ultra if you want to keep your glass clean with the added bonus it repels water and reduces the need to activate wiper blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.