Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi aye folks,

I'm Craig and from Scotland. Mechanic to trade but now get abused by a big oil service company.

At the moment I have 2 cars which will be going up to 3 in the next couple of weeks. I'm terribly for going through motors and believe it or not, only having 3 in my possession doesn't happen often. I'm a member of many many other forums and owners clubs so if you recognise my name be sure and say hello!

My two current cars are a 1994 Corrado VR6 and a 2006 Citroen VTS (I'm not a fan but she likes it).

I have my work cut out for me with the Corrado, it's mechanically sound but the paint is showing it's 20 years. Any recommendations on improving the look is appreciated. I'll upload some photos when I get the chance.

Anyway, it's good to be here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll throw some up when I get back, the rig I'm on has blocked photobucket and all other file sharing sites. Dunno why.

Gonna be picking up a MK2 GTI soon too :).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Craig,

Welcome aboard,

Clay bar on any car is a great start (after washing it lol)

Polishing is your next step. By hand use one of the great all in one products out there such as Auto finesse, Zaino, Chemical guys or Werkstat.

Or treat yourself to a DA polisher and a soft/medium pad and polish combo. You won't get all the swirls and marks out of the paint BUT you will massively increase the shine and reflection and the car should look fantastic

Then wax or sealant to protect your paint

Lots of reading on here and guides as to products etc

Enjoy :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.