Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Got a nilfisk pleasure washer, seem to be experiencing some issues. Once it's one and connected up it seems to be purging the motor, this leads to my hoses popping of the front of my machine... Not good.

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
500 Posts
How long have you had the washer? if its new could be faulty, but from memory when had similar

if you have a "stop" connect pressure washer side then it can pop off, either don't use them or only use it on the tap end, also badly fitting connectors can cause this

If not these, as long as your cold water supply is constant are you purging it before use properly? as in connect up power water turn on water and let it feed through the machine and out lance until it stops spluttering?

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you mean when you turn the water on the hose comes off the pressure washer. I had this from new. The hose connector that came with it is cr*p. I replaced it with the one that came with my hose and have had no problem since. I actually compared the two and where the hose connector sits is slanted at approx 45 degree angle so the connector slides off easily. The one I have used is a 90 degree angle so grips brilliantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This randomly started happening on mine. The vibrations of the machine purging was causing the hozelock connectors to pop off the front. I ended up heating the end of my hose up in boiling water so it would stretch, then push it over the connector on the washer and tighten it with a jubilee clip.

If the washer purges even so often, it would suggest theres water leaking somewhere. Possibly change the O ring seals on the high pressure hose, which connects to the lane handle.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
How long have you had the washer? if its new could be faulty, but from memory when had similar if you have a "stop" connect pressure washer side then it can pop off, either don't use them or only use it on the tap end, also badly fitting connectors can cause this.
I had exactly the same problem when I first got mine. Changed the metal stop connector on the end of the hose for an open Hozelock one which cured the problem immediately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.