Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Email notifications - stopped

Not had any email notifications since the 27 Aug. Looking at the email options on the User CP page, I appear to be set up for any replies. I tried changing the option to not receive any notifications and later on switched it to the default position but so far I still do not get anything.

I checking the email spam settings and the folders contain nothing from DW.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the update. Everything else with AOL is working normally and nothing from DW is ending up in the spam file nor is DW on my blocked list.

I will try changing the email address and see what happens

·
Administrator
31,047 Posts
Thanks that would be helpful - I am still getting mine and have tested several other accounts and have asked some other members who are getting emails through

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried sending a message last night from the "contact us" button, no idea if this made it through to anyone. I did change email addresses but no conformation email arrived and so retried my original email address, again no confirmation email arrived. I could log on but not post anything or use the PM system. Just set up another email address (hotmail) and this one worked.

I am receiving emails for all the other forums plus the normal email messages with AOL so I do not know if this is a AOL or DW thing.

I have a vague memory of a message on DW saying some maintenance work had been done or was due to be done, could this have changed something. Unfortunately I am not a technical person so cannot imagine what/where things have gone wrong

·
Administrator
31,047 Posts
Tried sending a message last night from the "contact us" button, no idea if this made it through to anyone. I did change email addresses but no conformation email arrived and so retried my original email address, again no confirmation email arrived. I could log on but not post anything or use the PM system. Just set up another email address (hotmail) and this one worked.

I am receiving emails for all the other forums plus the normal email messages with AOL so I do not know if this is a AOL or DW thing.

I have a vague memory of a message on DW saying some maintenance work had been done or was due to be done, could this have changed something. Unfortunately I am not a technical person so cannot imagine what/where things have gone wrong
Thanks will give the techs more o work on

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everything has been working fine via the hotmail account but now I am getting notifications of most but not all responses. I did try adding my original email address although I had to revert back to hotmail as no notification/confirmation email arrived.

Is it possible to reset my account, I am fine with this if it would help

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have checked that my thread default is instant email and also verfied that my email address is correct but im not receiving any notification of thread replies or PM's.
I have checked my SPAM folder and they are not in there either.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Cheers

Nath

EDIT. When i start or reply on a thread and check the thread tools i dont have a notification to subscribe - only to unsubscribe so i must be subscribing correctly?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.