Detailing World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where I could post this sorry...does anybody use remote control engine start on their cars?

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
not sure where I could post this sorry...does anybody use remote control engine start on their cars?
I remember when all the boy racers wanted this.

I find it pretty pointless and just a cheap gimmick.

When I park the car up, I prefer to leave it in gear anyways

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nearly 50 me:D car suffers bad with condensation, secure car park at rear where I work which I can see. thought I could start car a while before, during winter and save waiting in car for ages... heater is useless.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
nearly 50 me:D car suffers bad with condensation, secure car park at rear where I work which I can see. thought I could start car a while before, during winter and save waiting in car for ages... heater is useless.
Some car manuals tell you not to leave the car ticking over to warm up. They advise you to drive steady as soon as possible.

Probably best to clean the windows and get moving to warm the car up.

Diesels take a bit longer to warm up, especially in cold weather.

What car do you drive?

With BMWs, you can start the car, stop and remove the key, restart the engine without the key fob and get out and lock it with the engine running.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tried that mate,no joy. sure we are all the same really want to get in car and get straight home.:thumb:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ultimately the inside of the car needs to be a dry atmosphere. I find that if I wipe the condensation with a decent drying towel, then ensure that towel leaves the car with me at the end of every trip, dried on a radiator, then re-used - eventually there's no damp in the car to cause it. Of course if the car leaks like a sieve, then there is no hope :D

I believe there is also anti-fogging stuff you can put on the inside of glass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Im pretty sure this was a big topic back when i was on the VXR owners forum.

I am sure that it stated somewhere that if anything was to happen to the car and this is fitted, it is possible for the insurance to get out of a claim somehow (i know you said you can see it, but if someone saw the opportunity). Cannot remember the in's and outs though as it was a while ago. I suffer the same problem as you, as in getting into my car and it steaming up. I believe that most of the anti-fog products dont work so probably would solve the issue.

Think its one of those things that we just have to live with :(

·
Registered
671 Posts
I RUN IT ON MY 200SX INTELISTART AS PART OF MY CONCEPT 600 by clifford
really good i had the lights on the remote too:wave:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts