Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to costco yesterday - not for detailing products but I always have a quick look.

At the side of the usual yellow eurrow microfiber cloths were some greener kirkland microfiber cloths.

Does this mean the end of the famous yellow ones? They were the same price but the pile didn't look quite the same. Usually if a large company replaces something it means they are cheaper to buy in therefore, could be of a lesser quality.

A lot of retail places do this. They don't put their prices up, just give you a lesser deal. Macdonalds is a good example, they haven't put there prices up drastically but portion size has got smaller.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every so often they're on offer. Usually around 13-14 pounds.

I've seen them at the side of too but I'm wondering whether this is because they are waiting to sell off the old stock. Was half tempted to stock pile just in case but thought that was a little extream.

·
Mr Generosity.
2,238 Posts
In the States, they recently switched from a neon yellow microfiber to a nicer, plusher gold microfiber. :thumb: They have improved.

Costco is a very demanding wholesaler and companies fight to get things on their shelves. Usually if an item is replaced, the quality should be as good if not better.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Although the quality of the yellow 'detailers' MF cloth has reduced over the last 6-9months
Kirland brand is part of Costco I think .as Kirkland brand is on alsorts of products .

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Yes, having lived in Canada for three years, Costco's own brand is Kirkland.

Kirkland tend to do very good stuff, as previously stated. Why would they sell bulk of something if it was rubbish.

I like the strawberries and double chocolate muffins!

Bring the muffins home, freeze them individually...
Put one in the microwave for 1 minute without the wrapper (on a plate) cut in half, then a further 15-20 seconds! Then add your ice cream!

Thank me later :lol:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not disputing kirkland stuff is poor quality, just worried it's not equal in quality. Kirkland do some great things to be honest. A lot of the kirkland branded food is very good.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
As stated, Kirkland is Costco's OB and they tend to get the big name manufacturers to make the ranges for them; chances are they have sourced the same product supplier and added their differentiator to it, albeit for a better price.

I wouldn't worry about it tbh :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Terry towels are good also. Not for removing polish obviously, they're far too rough. Great for wiping door sills, boot shuts, and everything under the bonnet.
Make sure you give them a shake first though, fair bit of fluff too them.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.