Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a polish out there that when worked will take out defects such as RDS and light marring as well as burnishing the paint to a hallogram-free finish if worked for long enough and give a good finish?

When doing a detail I tend to ALWAYS finish with 3M ultrafine on a blue 3M finishing pad...is this even necessary?

I often think I am wasting time and product, giving myself extra work where not needed

Thanks Dan :buffer:

·
king of the flexonian
12,485 Posts
Have a look on the Scholl web site

They seem to think they have the answer

One polish and different pads used :D
So do many other manufacturers. Yet they sell more than one polish. Go figure!
Said product does not exist, it really doesn't. Compound technology has come on massively these last two years, there are some great and versatile ones available. But one bottle, for all jobs, on al, paints, in all environments, for all defects, and the ultimate finish does not exist

·
Registered
888 Posts
Said product does not exist, it really doesn't. Compound technology has come on massively these last two years, there are some great and versatile ones available. But one bottle, for all jobs, on al, paints, in all environments, for all defects, and the ultimate finish does not exist
Man, sometimes I wish there was :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wouldnt argue with that, especially as im a newbie :D

Its just the only one ive read about that seems to advocate one polish and different pads opposed to lots of different polishes :confused:

But as you say they have lots of different products :D

The Scholl stuff does seem like nice gear though :thumb: from my limited use of it

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

Its just the only one ive read about that seems to advocate one polish and different pads opposed to lots of different polishes :confused:

The Scholl stuff does seem like nice gear though :thumb: from my limited use of it
You'll get differing cut using the scholl system with different pads,however there isn't a "silverbullet" product i know of otherwise it would've been in my arsenal ages ago :thumb:

·
king of the flexonian
12,485 Posts

It's wicked man you are bang on. And I reckon S3 is really really close to the perfect product, im on my second gallon this year :lol: meguires m101 is worth a try if you can get a sample bottle. Very similar in cut and finish but non diminishing. It's not too fussy either. Check it out

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's wicked man you are bang on. And I reckon S3 is really really close to the perfect product, im on my second gallon this year :lol: meguires m101 is worth a try if you can get a sample bottle. Very similar in cut and finish but non diminishing. It's not too fussy either. Check it out
What you doing? drinking the stuff :lol:

Ill get a sample of the megs :thumb:

I dont want to get bogged down chasing lots of different products :D

Find what you like and stick with i reckon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.