Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any ideas if this would be suitable with optimum no rinse.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/45037/kent-2in1-noodle-wash-mitt-q2429
Been using a grout sponge recently but not that comfortable with it.
I would also consider a lambs wool mitt if these are better?
I guess they both would get quite grubby during washing but guess it can be chucked in the washing machine or hand washed with apc.

Any comments would be great.

Regards

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do lambswool mitts perform with ONR?

I used the kent noodle mitt this morning on my girlfriends motor and it handled really well and the results were great.

However despite hand washing with some apc it's still grubby.
Now it just looks like its stained so im guessing its still safe to use again?
Any grit would of come out with the apc soak?

I will stick it in the washing machine for a proper clean but maybe after 2 more washes.

Regards

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
For me too, a cheap noodle mitt works quite well. APC may not be suitable for washing the mitt. Please use a good fabric detergent. My mitt gets stained with ONR, but gets clean with a good detergent. If washing by hand, please ensure that you get rid of all the detergent while rinsing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
As I remember, the lambswool mitt is not recommended for rinseless washes. Your best bet would be a zymol sponge or B&Q grout sponges. I think even Optimum designed a special mitt for use with ONR.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I use a noodle mitt when I use ONR and it works fine for me; it does get stained but as mentioned I soak it in a bit of APC mix straight after and then into the machine with the rest of the gear. It does come clean if you don't leave it.

Also used the Eurow shagpile MF's when the car is just dusty as opposed to dirty and these were okay too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.