Detailing World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to get overspray off my paintwork, I'm doing a pannel at a time with dodo juices born to be mild claybar, however... I've just finished my bonnet and the only way to describe how the finish looks is... Well - lacquer peel.

It's doing my nut in, I have half a car with overspray and I have not got the patience to keep rubbing the same spot time and time again, on one side of the bonnet I spent 40 minuets - would help if it wasn't so cold, but I'm wanting to sell the car and can't leave it sounding like grit running your hand along it.

Is there a remedy I can fix this with? I've allready though "**** this and used srp + a wax over it! but up close it looks horrible, it's only a 2 year old car too, is there a rotary attachment I can stick a claybar to??

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
You won't remove overspray with a mild claybar, you'll need something like Bilt Hamber's regular claybar (the one in the blue case) which will probably marr the surface and you'll need to polish it afterwards before sealing or waxing.

Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, see - some places it works well where there is overspray and some bits its just not scratching the surface - however 1-2 places ive polished up afterwards and waxed and it looks allright

Mitchelld im in aberdeen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, i might have to invest in one then if its that good

If ive polished +waxed over overspray, the claybar should still remove the wax then the overspray right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts