Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys..

Had a car in today that was FILLED with imbedded and loose pine tree 'spikes' when they fall and get carried into the car..

they were so bad that there was nothing I could do to remove all of it leaving a poor horrible finish to the cars carpets, it basically looked the same as when i started.

tried vacuum, stiff bristle brush, stiff brush on vac, soft brush on vac etc.. nothing would even touch the ones that were quite literally now part of the carpet..

Anyone got any tips/tricks to get even the worse carpets back to perfect(or near enough) condition regardles of what the debris is?

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sounds similar to the little bits of straw that get embedded deep into the fibres of carpets; the sort of thing I see quite often. When all else fails (even a stiff brush attachment on a drill) I reach for a little wire brush and literally pick them out. This of course runs the risk of damaging the fibres, though I find that some carpets are far more resilient than others in that regard. If I am lifting the fibres to the extent that the carpet is starting to bobble then I just call over the owner and explain the problem. Usually they are happy for me to proceed since we keep the damage to a minimum and can always 'shave' the carpet when we are done.

It's just a case of being patient as it can take several hours in some cases.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds similar to the little bits of straw that get embedded deep into the fibres of carpets; the sort of thing I see quite often. When all else fails (even a stiff brush attachment on a drill) I reach for a little wire brush and literally pick them out. This of course runs the risk of damaging the fibres, though I find that some carpets are far more resilient than others in that regard. If I am lifting the fibres to the extent that the carpet is starting to bobble then I just call over the owner and explain the problem. Usually they are happy for me to proceed since we keep the damage to a minimum and can always 'shave' the carpet when we are done.

It's just a case of being patient as it can take several hours in some cases.
I thought about wire brushing it but the only tool i didnt have with me on the day was that. Thankyou for your reply :)

Very stiff brush and get scrubbing, iv never been beaten.
Haha I'll have to get to work, they were coming up one by-one but the amount that there were properly imbedded there was no chance i could have done it in the time i had by carrying on like that..

Thanks for the replies guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.