Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just ordered some Poorboys Back Hole.

I've read that some people put autoglym super resin polish on to the paintwork first, and then put black hole on top.
Is this a good idea ?
I presume the srp would slightly cut the paint with a bit of filling and the black hole would top up the filling
, but would the srp fill all the swirls and not leave black hole anything to fill ?

And finally, I have Autoglym HD wax on my black paintwork at the moment. Do I need to strip it all back to bare paint or can I put down a layer of black boys and HD Wax on top if the existing HD wax ?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
565 Posts
srp and then blackhole would be a waste of time in my opinion, one or the other, just BH then your wax will be fine or srp then your hd wax, dont bother doing all 3!! srp and bh both have fillers and cleaners so 1 would prob strip the other off anyhow.

·
Mr Generosity.
2,238 Posts
You could put BH on top and let it haze, after the SRP. It may make the black paint look glossier and help fill swirls, etc.
however, If you use both, it may decrease the durability of the wax going on top.

I would go SRP and HD. same company, designed to go together nicely :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I ve used both products over the years but never tried them together. The NEW SRP is so much better than the old. Its much easier to apply and remove its also has more filling effect. BH looks better the SRP when just applied but it doesnt last as long. the New SRP gets my vote

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think srp is rated because it's probably the best stuff Halford sell. For what it does I guess it's good. But as a polish it's not great, nor as a filler, nor as a sealer. Hence I would get a good filler like black hole and a good wax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.