Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently took delivery of a Cayman S Sport, after a week of ownership it was time it had a bit of a wash. I won't insult the regulars on here by calling it a detail, with being new to the world of detailing, ill just call it a clean at the moment.

With the help of these boards, I've been out and purchased a load of stuff i thought id need to do a half decent job. Things like snow foam, clay cloth, a new power washer, different cleaners, cloth, foam hand pads, along with some waxes, polishes, swirl removers and the list goes on.

Like i said, I'm no expert and this was my first attempt at giving a car a 'real' clean, after years of thinking BP drive through car wash was ok :(

Items on the shopping list for the future would be detailing brushes, maybe a machine polisher and some better quality waxes, polishes etc etc...

Some Before:

And some after:

[/IMG][/URL]

And rather than start another thread, i thought id add my bike on to the bottom of the existing thread, which was cleaned today:

Before:

After:

Thanks for looking...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it took 2 days to complete, and to be honest theres quite a bit more that goes into detailing than meets the eye, so hats off to the people who do it for a living or just keen enthusiasts.

Im missing quite a lot from my cleaning kit, simple things like brushes would make things a heap better.

The claying with a clay cloth had me closing my eyes with the noises and feel of it first off.

All in all I'm really pleased with the outcome, plenty of room for improvements though. Im sure this new addiction can only get worse and more expensive :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just this one for now, not the best photo I'm afraid. But ill get around to giving it a hoover and clean and post more in the week:

To be fair its pretty clean other than the leaves and mess I've left myself.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Lovely motor mate :argie: :thumb:

Nice job with the detailing too - however, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but some little moron has gone over your plate with a felt tip pen. Just thought I'd mention it :D :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for everyones comments, I've taken the opportunity to upload some photos of my recently cleaned bike. Exactly the same process as the car was used, and again I'm pleased with the results...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.