Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I for one have a number of OCD-like things I do when washing my car, organising my cleaning gear, general car driving etc

For example:

-I will let NOBODY wash my car other than myself as I have my own specific routine when doing so
- All of my cleaning gear has to be in order of size/purpose etc in my shed
- When listening to the radio, it HAS to be on an even number or it will really bug me
- Seats in the car have to be parallel to each other after hovering my interior
- Air vents have to all be pointing forward
- Always lock, unlock and relock my car every time i'm walking away from it

This is only a small example of the weird things I get up to, always get looked at strangely when people see my detailing collection etc

Post up your own :thumb:

·
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
8,558 Posts
Right - just opening a Johari window here.....

It REALLY bugs me when someone changes the temperature on the dual zone climate control so that it's set at a different temperature from the driver's side.

Just read TOM48's alloys obsession - I've gone through phases where they have to be cleaned every evening. but i'm now at the twice a week on each of our cars.

EEK!

Cooks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally with you on the seats, got to be in line:thumb: air vents level and all closed afterwards is another of mine:lol:
Air vents is another for me as well lol

Also when driving along, if one window is down a few inches the other has to be down the same :confused:

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
My worst one.

Take girlfriend out and she seems to get make up finger marks everywhere.

Outside pillar trim, dash, stereo, passengers doorcard and switches.

Why cant they sit at peace.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol volumes is only evens or 5's
Multiples of 5 isn't satisfactory for me...HAS to be an even number..

I'd even see myself turning volume up and down many times eg. start at 14, go up to 16, down to 12, and back to 14..don't ask why though lol I worry about myself some times!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Volume on the stereo must be 18 if on the radio, higher if on cd. All the vents must point straight forward.

I know I've locked the car, but I must unlock & re-lock it anyway:(. Always have to look back at the coupe when walking away from it.. Always, you just can't not.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Air vents have to all be aligned
Climate ckntrol sides have to match and be on an even number
Volume has to be on an even number
Sun visors have to be up if they have been used for a journey
The wheel centers have to sit so that they are level and the valve is at 6 o'clock position

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.