Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm nearly out of active xls, I currently apply it via spray bottle at 1-10, I'm wondering if I should get foam, I've not got a foam lance, I'm not eager to get one, but as it's winter and to speed up cleaning customers cars I fancy trying something new, I've heard hazsafe is too expensive. So I'm after recommendations of what's a really effective cleaner n best application method. Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Snow foams are Brilliant of you want a really effective foam try Autosmart Actimouse it has great cleaning power for winter months. 1'' in the snow foam bottle and top up with warm water. Spray on leave for 5/10 mind rinse off and see a massive difference in what u have left to wash. Compared to a pre spray.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I usually rinse the car then pre wash soak in a very mild solution of g101, leave to dwell while i do the wheels, rinse then foam, again leaving to dwell for 5-10 mins whilst i use a variety of brushes to ensure all intricate bits are cleaned, rinse then 2bm with duet followed by a final rinse.

Time consuming but ensures a safe wash :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually rinse the car then pre wash soak in a very mild solution of g101, leave to dwell while i do the wheels, rinse then foam, again leaving to dwell for 5-10 mins whilst i use a variety of brushes to ensure all intricate bits are cleaned, rinse then 2bm with duet followed by a final rinse.

Time consuming but ensures a safe wash :)
Time consuming Yes. I'm actually looking to cut my wash times,i spray g101 at 1-5 on lower sills and wheels and that works well but i've switched to the xls tfr as I'm running low on g101 too. What foam do u use?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ive been using Actimouse, cant fault it to be fair, was given a few samples of some other makes too that are around £12+ for 500ml which were pretty colours and smelt nice but personally i found Actimouse gave best results and was much better value for money.

One of the places i do work for that sends a few cars to auction get what i call a trade wash..they are not bothered if water beads off or anything like that, they just want the car clean. With these i just use smart wheels on the wheels then put g101 through the foam lance. Let it dwell for a few minutes then rinse. On really dirty cars i use g101 as a prewash on the lower half of the car @ 10:1 prior to foam.

Not entirely keen on this method but its what the customer wants.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive been using Actimouse, cant fault it to be fair, was given a few samples of some other makes too that are around £12+ for 500ml which were pretty colours and smelt nice but personally i found Actimouse gave best results and was much better value for money.

One of the places i do work for that sends a few cars to auction get what i call a trade wash..they are not bothered if water beads off or anything like that, they just want the car clean. With these i just use smart wheels on the wheels then put g101 through the foam lance. Let it dwell for a few minutes then rinse. On really dirty cars i use g101 as a prewash on the lower half of the car @ 10:1 prior to foam.

Not entirely keen on this method but its what the customer wants.
I agree, but no point in wasting time and method on customers who don't appreciate it. I might be valeting cars at an office one a week, I've give them a discounted price and I probably won't be cleaning the same car twice, so I need to be quick to make good money, so I guessed a bid pre wash , foam or spray on pre wash would help speed things up. I'll give a few a test n decide.

·
Autosmart UK
2,916 Posts
Hi I'm nearly out of active xls, I currently apply it via spray bottle at 1-10, I'm wondering if I should get foam, I've not got a foam lance, I'm not eager to get one, but as it's winter and to speed up cleaning customers cars I fancy trying something new, I've heard hazsafe is too expensive. So I'm after recommendations of what's a really effective cleaner n best application method. Thanks
Active XLS is our biggest seller by a long way. This is because it is probably the best solution for 80% of customers. If you want a fast, touchless wash then this is probably the one for you.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Active XLS is our biggest seller by a long way. This is because it is probably the best solution for 80% of customers. If you want a fast, touchless wash then this is probably the one for you.
What are the recommended dilutions, as I'm finding 10-1 isn't shifting much dirt now cars are getting dirtier. I'm applying it thru a pump sprayer. Thanks

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
I agree with sue darn good product for quantity and cost.

I wont post direst in this thread the test i did with foams but if you put into google rather than the forum search function put in detailing world 4 leading foams tested you will find it.

If your using a pump sprayer leave as long as you can and simply power wash off.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
What are the recommended dilutions, as I'm finding 10-1 isn't shifting much dirt now cars are getting dirtier. I'm applying it thru a pump sprayer. Thanks
1.10 should be fine for Active XLS but if you live in a hard water area or your only using a small pressure washer then increase the strength a little. Try 1.7. You shouldn't really need to go stronger than that unless your washing really dirty vehicles.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi Junior I wouldn't use as a snow foam as it is not trim safe so if you had a Audi,BMW etc that have piano black metal trim or aluminum trim it will mark it or dull it off. I would use a dedicated snow foam that is trim safe. Have safe works pretty well as a foam which is trim safe , you can also use as a pre wash. I have been using Blizzard from Krystal Kleen Detailing with great results. AS Ultramouse is very good too

·
Autosmart UK
2,916 Posts
Hi Junior I wouldn't use as a snow foam as it is not trim safe so if you had a Audi,BMW etc that have piano black metal trim or aluminum trim it will mark it or dull it off. I would use a dedicated snow foam that is trim safe. Have safe works pretty well as a foam which is trim safe , you can also use as a pre wash. I have been using Blizzard from Krystal Kleen Detailing with great results. AS Ultramouse is very good too
Highfoam is our foam version of Hazsafe.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I can't mind the one I got from my rep.

Not a fan. The lance doesn't seem to pick it up as fast as ultra mousse. ( the super thick stuff )

Goes on watery and is off the car within a couple of mins.

The more I put in lance the less the solution goes down.

Am sure I asked for stuff I liked before but god knows what I have in house. Still got about 23litres of the stuff aswell :(

That's it just applied.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.