Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right then the new one :D, nicknames the green beast by many a person (though i shall point out right now its not a beast :eek: )

i bought this after selling my mk1 due to insurance purposes, to be honest im not that fond of the car at the moment but it will do as my daily lol :D and after a few of my usual additions are added im sure i will grow to love it :confused: :rolleyes:

anyway a bit about the car its a 1998 Renault Clio, i picked it up for £450 with full service history (till this time last year so due a service :D ) and 7 months mot + 3 month tax, its clean enough just needs a new rear bumper plus a rear light and a new front crash bar :wall: (previous owner was a bit of a girl racer i think) i have a few plans for it but nothing as drastic as my previous cars lol

heres some pictures :D

i have been driving to and from work in it for the past few days and its drives nice aside from it fulling to the left when i brake which i will sort the weekend :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nice one James.
My MiL had one, and - strange but true - it had possibly the most comfortable driving position for my 6'1" frame of any small car I've driven, and miles better than lots of bigger cars.
It also lacked PAS so low-speed maneuvers were a bit of a workout.
Loved it.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one James.
My MiL had one, and - strange but true - it had possibly the most comfortable driving position for my 6'1" frame of any small car I've driven, and miles better than lots of bigger cars.
It also lacked PAS so low-speed maneuvers were a bit of a workout.
Loved it.
it is a comfortable driving position to be fair :D this one has PAS but im not keen on it, it seems too light :(

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your 'few plans' are far more drastic than the rest of us ever manage !!

Best of luck with it, will it last until new year, will it last until December... ??
lol thats true :D, the good and the bad thing is due to the amount i have had to pay to drive this beast, i will be keeping it at least untill next years renewal or maybe after if i end up loving it lol but its not going any time soon :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Please tell me you have a good insurance policy on this :)

Look forward to the mods you do

To be fair in my eyes most cars need lowering and a decent set of wheels, quick machine polish and general tidy up of any scuffs and broken trims etc and then just left alone :)

Not sure what wheels looked good on a clio though, the 172 cup wheels are nice

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please tell me you have a good insurance policy on this :)

Look forward to the mods you do

To be fair in my eyes most cars need lowering and a decent set of wheels, quick machine polish and general tidy up of any scuffs and broken trims etc and then just left alone :)

Not sure what wheels looked good on a clio though, the 172 cup wheels are nice
lol kind of, and yeah thats basically what i want to do but with a few 172 upgrades :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
£400 a month ?? Jeez was that the cheapest you can find ? I had a saxo 8years ago when I pass my test at 17 and paid 1600 for one years insurance, yours is crazy !!

Nice base, probs hold off the mods til the insurance comes down dude

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.