Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice little cars they are mate. Good luck with it. Maybe a k20 swap? Or is that heresy?
Cheers just because there are rare in this colour and this is number 4 think I'm going to keep engine standard for now plans might change as have been offered a t16 turbo setup got started on the sanding today get her prepped for paint
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Tire

·
Registered
86 Posts
Will look forward to seeing this take shape, I loved these when they first came out they looked quite striking then, a bit different to the Ferrari Nova’s / Lamborghini Fiesta’s and Porsche Saxo’s that everyone of a certain age had ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It's lovely to see you restoring this rare beast.

Best of luck, I will watch with excitement!

Reactions: Zrnut94

·
Registered
456 Posts
A friend had a metallic blue ZR (I think it was) and it was a little rocket. I have only ever seen one in the flip colour like yours and it really confused me the way it changed like a chameleon as it drove past. Not sure you need to worry about paint matching because it changes anyway. :D I'll be following with interest. :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sorry to see that, but glad you have at least one side that does not need doing.

The car is going to be fantastic when you are done, and you will have something unusual and interesting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Love the original MG's! Had a ZR and a 2nd generation MG ZS 180 over the years. y brother has just recently gotten rid of his ZR as well.

The ZS was something else, and if I could get a cheap weekender i'd definitely get another one.

Best of luck with it, nice to see one being put right.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can't tell from the photo, but is that hole behind the front passenger wheel or in front of the driver's rear wheel?

Guessing the former as that side always seems to catch more dirt and water from the camber of the UK roads. The underneath of my 1979 RS2000 is really solid, but I found a little patch under the front passenger footwell that needs doing. I searched all over the rest of the car thinking I'd have to do other repairs, but it's the only spot, I guess due to road camber/puddle reasons.

Hope they can sort it with minimal intrusion into other areas. Pretty bad that someone just painted primer on it and replaced the sill cover if that's what's happened (or maybe you did that to stop it getting any worse?).

I once repaired an old MG BGT that had perfect sills, which had been replaced over rotten inner sills and the 'castle' section which runs below. Never did finish that project, as I got divorced from it's owner before it was done...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Road surface Asphalt Wood Tar Soil

Not much been happening just waiting for parts replaced the bumper mounts with stainless steel replacements also changed drivers wing for one that's wasn't rotten just ordered all new led bulbs for the car as well plus a full stainless steel bolt kit for engine bay and wings etc
Wood Hardwood Font Plastic Packing materials
Azure Wood Line Aqua Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Much neater!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not much been happening recently just waiting till the 23rd then the car goes away for welding just doing little bits here and there changed the oil and filter put nighteye led bulbs in got a full stainless steel engine bolt kit bonnet raisers painted the rear hubs and wax oiled the chassis rails front and rear think that's about it 🤣
Car Vehicle Green Motor vehicle Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Auto part Automotive fuel system Automotive super charger part

Product Automotive tire Font Household hardware Electronic device

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tin Fluid Paint Drink

Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Tire Rim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts