Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Its been a long time since I last dropped in here (around 2011) and im sad to say my Black Seat Leon has been neglected for way too long due to various issues. I want to give the car a real good clean etc before winter really sets in (if I can make the time that is)

A few questions about products etc, some of which should be in other areas but I thought one topic in one section might be better than spamming across areas.

Poorboys Bug Squash/Pre Wash- I got some of this earlier this year and havent yet had chance to try it. Whats the best way to use it? Any tips?

I've seen mentions of Serious Performance Paint Cleaner being excellent on here. I already have Poorboys Black Hole - would the SP be of much benefit? Would I then forgo the PB BH if I used SP?

Iron X - if Im using SP paint cleaner and planning on claying would I need to worry about Iron X?

Drying - I already have a Miracle dryer from CYC but I need to replace it. I've found it excellent - should I stick with it or is there something better now?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
The SP Paint Cleaner is a different animal to PB Blackhole. The paint cleaner will chemically remove dirt from the paint whereas the Blackhole will hide swirls.

Again, IronX and Paint Cleaner will do different things. I would use both.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Would the PB and SP be ok to use at their respective stages in that case?

Additional question to add to the above

I've previously used Megs Gold Class shampoo which ive found great but times come i need to restock do I go with the same or is there something in roughly the same price bracket that is much better? I read good things about Dodo shampoos?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Would the PB and SP be ok to use at their respective stages in that case?

Additional question to add to the above

I've previously used Megs Gold Class shampoo which ive found great but times come i need to restock do I go with the same or is there something in roughly the same price bracket that is much better? I read good things about Dodo shampoos?
I would happily use a paint cleaner before any glaze or wax. Not used the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo or any of the Dodo products as these days I use a rinseless shampoo. Having said that, my view is there is not a 'night and day' difference between most shampoos so if you fancy one of the Dodo shampoos then buy some

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.