Detailing World Forum banner

Which Paint Cleanser cleans better chemically?

• Klasse AIO

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Optimum Poli Seal

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Optimum GPS

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Autoglym HD Cleanser

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Duragloss 501

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Zaino AIO

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • FK 215

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Collinite 840

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Sonus Paintworks Cleanser

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Others (Please Specify)

Votes: 23 35.9%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I managed to correct all the paint imperfections by using Meguiar's 105 on a rotary (Swirls, Scratches, Etchings, Holograms etc.) a while ago and sealed the finish.

Now, I need a good Paint Cleanser that will chemically cleanse the paint without any abrasives or fillers and also remove the existing LSP. I have Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime but that has fillers and does not allow the sealant to bond unless I follow it up with an IPA wipe down.

Which of these are better chemical cleansers that will work well on a rotary and can be used as a base for most sealants without doing an IPA wipe down?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I managed to correct all the paint imperfections by using Meguiar's 105 on a rotary (Swirls, Scratches, Etchings, Holograms etc.) a while ago and sealed the finish.

Now, I need a good Paint Cleanser that will chemically cleanse the paint without any abrasives or fillers and also remove the existing LSP. I have Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime but that has fillers and does not allow the sealant to bond unless I follow it up with an IPA wipe down.

Which of these are better chemical cleansers that will work well on a rotary and can be used as a base for most sealants without doing an IPA wipe down?
Did you not refine after 105?

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Prime I think is the best pure cleanser by far. Most others offer something else, with fillers/glazes etc. Prime will strip the paint properly.

If you wanted you could then double panel wipe.

·
Registered
599 Posts
What about AF Total Prep? It is supposed to leave nothing behind so a sealant can be applied afterwards. There is a fine polish in it but you could probably benefit from it if you stopped polishing at M105 and an orange pad. The DP Paint Coating Prep (from USA) is the best paint cleanser I have tried. SQUEAKY CLEAN

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Serious performance paint cleanser, no abrasives whatsoever, very good stuff.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166898

Another one is use is CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care, again, NO abrasives, just chemical cleaning and this one really drags dirt from the paint and leaves an exceptionally shiny surface and also some protection

Most of the others mentioned in some replies, are abrasive even if very mildly.
the two above are chemical cleaners and IMO the best two around.

Kev

·
Registered
458 Posts
Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish -

non-abrasive, water-based polish that gently removes embedded dirt and grime, restoring a natural brilliance to your vehicle’s paintwork. Use this thick cream to prep your vehicle’s paint, wheels, and glass for application of a Black Label Diamond coating. Water-based formulation promotes proper bonding thanks to its wax, silicone, and oil free formula; polished surfaces can be coated immediately after application.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.