Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small battery powered air blower please.

I've got a BigBoi BlowR Mini+ so I'm not after anything like that.

What I want to use it for is blowing off light dust from my engine casings, as you can see from the photo the BMW X5 engine bay is virtually covered in plastic casings. I gave it a clean today and used a soft detailing brush to remove the majority of the dust before using a damp microfibre cloth, but I thought a small handheld battery blower would be easier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FLEX do one should you happen to have any flex gear (batteries) already. Their battery vacuum can also blow, not as fast as the specific tool though

Brands etc aside, before you invest… might not be strong enough for what you have in mind especially if the plastics are dressed in anyway. Have you tried your blow r? Does that work or does it leave a film of dust still?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Not fully sure why you want another blower? Unless like most of us the answer is "just because" :LOL:

I've a blo air rs which I just turn the wind speed down and is fine for my engine bay I'd have thought your Blowr would be the same.

·
Registered
19,657 Posts
I have an Einhell cordless blower primarily because it uses their 'power exchange' multi tool battery system and I've several other power tools sharing the same batteries. It's just about powerful enough to blow rinse water off a well protected car, but as said above, it may not (or other similar cordless types) blow dust off an engine as it will tend to 'stick' and no longer be what we'd call 'dry dust'.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Another vote for the Flex, it's been designed for detailing. I have the battery option which is a bonus for mobility. No cables and light.
FWIW I had not realised what an asset this was, perfect for how I work, a real little gem. No lugging around, whips straight back in a draw.
Trying to dry a car too much is a waste of my time and pointless. It will remove most quickly and straight to a pat dry anything left and small MF wipe around.
Onto wheels and get that water removed is a lot easier and quick. It's no longer a race and time can be taken to go over the water traps again, grills, badges, mirrors, under bonnet, door jams etc. Then roll the car pack a little and give the wheels a second go. Sorted.
A lot more efficient and less stressful leaving the last step QD'ing or whatever top up preferred.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Worx WX094 I got it from Amazon Germany as it doesn’t appear to be available in the UK.

I’d probably just go for this style in whatever brand batteries you have (if you do). All brands seem to do one Bosch, Milwaukee, Worx, Ryobi, etc.

Not sure how effective they are blowing dust off? How does your big boi manage? Maybe some kind of microfibre duster?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
For better or worse I’m tied to the M18 Milwaukee ecosystem and I find that its leaf blower (without the extension tube on) does just fine but it is very powerful and I need to be careful not to kick up gravel.

The wet and dry Milwaukee vacuum is very handy too.

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts