Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the poll about number plate removal for detailing, and rather than hijack the thread, thought I would post a new one instead. One of the reasons people gave was to remove the need of editing the number plates. What is the reason for the aversion to showing number plates? Is there something nefarious people can do with a registration?

I have come across it before on a bike track day when (apparently) insurers take note of who is on a track, but wondered what the reason was here.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Not sure if anybody is going to give the game away here as I'm sure nobody wants to advocate how your details could be used but there are 2 things to remember:

- Some worry about having their details posted up all over the internet. If you want to be 100% Safe, Photoshop your Numberplate, Take it off or cover it up.

- Other people don't see the need as some say well your licence plate is on show all day everyday outside in the real world anyway.

Make your own conclusions from that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fair enough.. I have to say Im sort of in the second group of asonda's explanation. Has anyone here had it happen? Im not saying its hard to - and if you are removing the plate anyway for the detail then just a plus; it just seems a faff!

·
DW Forum Sponsor
6,765 Posts
Whilst your number plate may be on display everyday, if someone wanted to clone your vehicle, they would have to drive around the country and find it first, which is pretty much a chance encounter.

But whilst sat on the internet, they can find a vehicle in any part of the country with a quick google search.

There is also the risk of organised theft, posting pictures of a customer's nice Ferrari with the reg no showing could potentially make the vehicle traceable to an organised car crime gang.

Always better to be safe than sorry and to edit reg nos from photos, especially where customer's cars are concerned. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.