Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ford Focus RS
9,451 Posts
depends how long its been on

ive found stuff that has been on ALONG time, is pretty easy, brand new stuff, is pretty easy, but stuff around 1-2 years old can be a right pain

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've only done one, was easy though, faded like a B but actually taking the lettering off was easy enough.

Gotta do our old number on the van this W/E too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've been doing it today funnily enough :)

I just used a heat gun and carefully picked the vinyl with a nail, without touching the paint.
I found it very easy, I'll finish it tomorrow, give the car a wash, and clean up the residue with some tar remover, then give the car a polish and wax :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Easy enough... unless its painted on... :lol:

Seriously tough dude, take your time with it, use some heat, either a gun or a hairdryer will do the job safely, the age and the type of material and thickness will make a difference but it will come off. T & G as advised and you will most likely be able to up sell a paint correction polish as all round it will be swirly and faded. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
my mates scoob has stickers on and they have actually been laquered over!!! so as they are comming off it has left a right mess of the paintwork all because when it had paint for a touch up they never bothered taking stickers off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.