Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DW Supporter
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly thanks Autofinesse for sending these products for me to play with, I haven't used many of your products so this is a great way for me to see what all the hype is about.

Ok, so Satin, a water based tyre dressing which claims to outlast its rivals! Time to test........

I was advised that Satin can be applied once, twice or three times depending on how I like my tyres to look, either matte, satin or glossy, I prefer in between matte and satin, trust me to be awkward! But it looks like a new tire that way IMO!

I chose this Corsa to do a demo and thoroughly cleaned the tyres with Autosmarts Smart wheels, it does a great job a removing old dressing and general crap within the tire.

I've tried to keep the camera in one place to prevent the light from changing so hopefully its clear to see!

So here's the bottle after its sat for a while, you can see it needs a good shake before application so if it retails in a black bottle just bare this in mind.

And this is what it looks like once shaken.

So after one application,

And after 10 minutes.......

Applying the second coat,

And after 10 mins......

And finally the third coat after 10 mins......

Overall I like the dressing, it goes on well and you really don't need much to cover a tyre, it's now been an hour and is going straight out in the rain so tomorrow morning I will post a picture and then I will then post once it starts to wear off.

Comments welcome :thumb:

·
DW Supporter
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As promised a picture of the tyre, take just 30 mins ago.

It hasn't lasted one night, and it has left he tyre looking brown!

I've not seen any other reviewers post the after pics so wander if this is just a one off? I will test a new tyre on Friday and report back.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Same thing has happened to mine but i havent been able to get a pic (will go and take one now). Last time i looked it had almost disappeared. I thought it was a one off but i applied to a brand new and clean tyre

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
just posted a pic of mine. The tyre is still wet as its raining but didnt look brown, will wait till its dry. I think the way to make it last may be multiple layers?

·
DW Supporter
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A nice honest review.

Was the car used for long?
The car was driven 9 miles so no not far at all.

I'm hoping one of the Autofinesse guys will be along shortly to advise what might be happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.