Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. Im after an easy to apply spray sealant with decent durability.
I’ve been using waxes for years but due to some rugby injuries I’m struggling with the effort required when waxing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Are you looking for spray on rinse off sealants or spray on and wipe off ?

Dodo Juice / DetailedOnline do some very nice spray on and pressure wash off sealants.
Autoglym do Polar seal which you apply via pressure washer.

The above also do nice spray on and wipe / buff off slants, as well as Turtlewax spray and seal - which can sometimes be picked up a very good price...

You'll get lots of different options, so helps if you know which way you're thinking of going :thumb:

·
Registered
2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTi
5,479 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, old body is feeling life lol, and I use what the lads there just said; rinse sealant. So easy and fast, and not bad value when you add it all up. Just about everyone makes a rinse sealant. Loads to choose from. Read up on reviews on here to give you an idea. Another option is a longer lasting 'lite' ceramic coating, like Can Coat or CQuartz Lite, you're looking at min 6m durability, so while you might put a tiny bit more effort to apply, you get back such a good coating that it'll only need washed from then on, plus should need washed less, therefore helping your body longer term..

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Bear in mind that across the board spray and rinse sealants don't last or perform as well as those you wipe on and off.

I haven't used a single spray and rinse product that I can recommend.. I would sooner use something like Sonax BSD as a drying aid. In most cases the end to end process is no slower, as you're combining the protection and drying stages.

If you're looking for true performance on dry, decontaminated paint 3 of the best on the market are :

SiRamik Lustrous (it's technically a sealant but gives durability and performance of a lite coating) - expect upwards of 10 months extreme hydrophobics, chemical resistance and protection.

SiRamik SC Mist - 3 to 6 month durability very hydrophobic and slick.

IGL premier - 3 to 6 month durability and extremely hydrophobic.

There are other options, I've tried tens of them but I'm not aware of too many that can compete with these.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Siramik sc mist is really good. Glossy, hydrophobic, 3-6 month durability but its party piece is how easy it is to use,spray.. Wipe.. Buff.. Done

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
I’m after a wipe on wipe off sealant. I’ve got a few spray on rinse off products that I use for top ups. I still want the enjoyment of wiping a product off the paint work but without the effort. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTi
5,479 Posts
Dodo Juice Future Armour might be up your street then. Similar to as mentioned earlier, you can use it a variety of ways (Trad Wet/Trad Dry/Rinsed). Doddle to use too.
Soft99 waxes/sealants are generally very durable and also very easy to use. Pastes and liquids.
To be honest, you’re going to get suggestion upon suggestion. I suppose that’s what you’re after, but, really, there is no best, and everyone likes different products for different reasons.
How much do you want to spend?
What makes do you usually like and/or dislike?
Do you prefer a spray liquid like a quick detailer, a spray that you leave to cure, or more of an older style thicker liquid you put on, spread, cure and buff?
I get you like the process of applying, I do too, so do probably most of our sort, it’s like therapy in a way, sorry, blathering... remember that no matter what you’re applying to protect your car, use thin layers. Over-applying just makes it harder to remove and adds zero to your protection. If you keep layers as thin as possible, but obvs follow the makers instructions, you should have minimal problems applying and buffing.
Having a good selection of cloths will help you too, some products need a suede, some use short pile better, and some buff better using a fluffy long thread cloth. The right cloth can make buffing so little effort that it should barely be any work at all. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I found that awful. Bought it used and tried it on a few cars. Both application and removal was awful. I don't bin many but did with that.

Maybe it was off or something. But it was crap.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My vote is for Wowo Crystal Sealant. I put a single coat on my car 2 months ago, and my car has been washed twice and there is no downgrade on the coating as yet. It's a wipe on/off product.

I had found previously coatings did not last on my car, which I now know it was down to BH AutoFoam killing the lifespan of them. Crystal Sealant has held up to the Autofoam.

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,808 Posts
Easy: Wipe on, Wipe off - Turtle wax Hybrid Hydrophobic Wax
Easier: Spray on, Rinse off - Turtle wax Dry and Shine.

Both work and are excellent value at less than a Tenner, often less than half that.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
My vote is for Wowo Crystal Sealant. I put a single coat on my car 2 months ago, and my car has been washed twice and there is no downgrade on the coating as yet. It's a wipe on/off product.

I had found previously coatings did not last on my car, which I now know it was down to BH AutoFoam killing the lifespan of them. Crystal Sealant has held up to the Autofoam.
I've had this a while although not really used but revisited it earlier on this week and was well impressed with its finish etc.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Bilt Hamber Touch on.
Just poured over car in a watering can then hosed off with di water and left to dry.
4 months on still beading like crazy.

Reactions: BRUN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can recommend Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant, wipe on wipe off, buffs to a decent shine, still beads after a good few weeks and you can pick it up for around £8. Tried their Hybrid Ceramic Sealant too, was also decent but harder to work with, streaks a bit on my black car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts