Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I need to buy a new bottle of shampoo and I have narrowed to the followimg options. What do you recommend?

Meguiars NXT (el que tengo hoy)
Maguiars Gold Class
Chemical Guys Citrus
Chemical Guys Mr Pink
Car Pro iron x snow soap

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I mainly use Meguiars Gold Class.... It lathers up lovely and seems to do the job.
Also have Ultimate wash & Wax.... I find this one not so lathery, but still a good shampoo.

Of course, i'm open to trying new ones too, its just i have a fair range of megs stuff as i bought it whilst 3 for 2 in Halfrauds...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ahhhhh right!

Tbh mate as with everything everyone is going to have their own views and opinions on what works for them.

Maybe get one and then if you dont like it try something else when its gone thats what i tend to do, used to use all different megs until i found auto finesse lather

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I've tried Meg's gold class and Meg's nxt and I prefer nxt , gold class smelled awesome but it didn't clean very well .
Although my choice is dodo juice born to be mild if you can find it .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the same boat at the minute, I normally use CG citrus wash and gloss

But I'm torn between trying the gtechniq G-wash or the car lack 68, not sure why, just random pick :) any views on either? Or shall I stick with CG

·
Registered
278 Posts
Having washed 3 cars this week , each using a different shampoo .
I have used mequiars soft wash gel
AF lather and the third one was DODO juice ,s born to be mild , off the 3 my preference still lies with btbm you really dont need more than a cap full to lather up a full bucket ,
the mequiars did,nt really do anything even though i used loads more than ther btbm .
As for AF lather this was the first time i had used it and i was really disappointed with it , so much so that i ended up chucking in some of the meq,s soft wash gel just to dry and beef up the lather.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NXT is the one I currently have and I think is great! The idea was to try a new one if better, if not I am happy with this. Just curiosity to try something new here.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.