Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you use a a regular one or one with gloss enhancers etc? do gloss enhancers leave behind a a thin wax film because im using megs gold class and its sheeting is slow as f%&k off of blackfire wet diamond afpp. its like the water is sticking like theres no protection but there is because it still beads in the rain :confused:

·
Registered
842 Posts
How do you rinse? I find with some of the less easy rinsing shampoos, you sometimes have to go over the same area 2 or 3 times, even with a pressure washer.

I use a shampoo with wax or gloss enhancers if I can't be bothered to QD that day, just dry and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I use one without wax or gloss enhancers. I spend enough money prepping the car to get it the way I want it and then using a sealant which fills my needs... so I don't want anything to mess with it. Gloss enhancers and wax always mess with your LSP's hydophobic abilities as the surfactants just put a thiny film over them...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I use one without wax or gloss enhancers. I spend enough money prepping the car to get it the way I want it and then using a sealant which fills my needs... so I don't want anything to mess with it. Gloss enhancers and wax always mess with your LSP's hydophobic abilities as the surfactants just put a thiny film over them...
That's a good tip :thumb:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
washed car this weekend with af lather week after full decon and layer of blackfire, must be the blackfire that is **** for sheeting? same thing happened, water just stuck to the paint, tried drying but waterspotted bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.