Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of sharing photos between Apple devices, say via iCloud?

My iPhone obviously shares photos it has taken via photo stream to my MacBook, but this doesn't seem to happen the other way around. Putting a photo into my MacBooks iPhoto photo stream event doesn't make it show on my iPhone.

Lets say I add an iPad to the equation, could I choose particular photos to appear on all three devices?

·
Registered
410 Posts
If they are all logged in with the same Apple ID then you can use iCloud to sync photos/videos between the devices, this is set up under the iClouds section of the Settings.

Otherwise you can set up a shared photo stream to do it, will mean anything in there gets automatically pushed to the other devices:

1. Open the Photos app
2. At the bottom of the screen select the Shared option (looks like a cloud)
3. Add a new stream, give it a name and you will then be given the option to add the contacts you want to share with
4. Once the stream is created you can add photos from your device

If you go into the shared stream you will also see a people tab at the bottom, you can use this to turn on a shared URL (uses iCloud.com) and add additional contacts.

Let me know if this does or doesn't make sense, can always try and get some screen shots

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
AirDrop is brilliant if a tad finnicky - I use it to tranfer stuff between my iPad 4, SWMBO's iPad Mini and my iPhone 5S. It works brilliantly and is very fast, but we find that to use it between the iPad 4 and iPad Mini it has to be switched off/on before use, but not so between the iPad 4 and iPhone 5S - all devices are on iOS 7.03

Transferring 30 12-16Mp images takes about 30 seconds - brilliant.

If only Airdrop on the Mac and Airdrop on iOS were compatible. To transfer data/images between iOS and Mac, I use an app called Instashare which works very well.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some brilliant ideas there, thanks very much :thumb:. Ill give some of them a try and see how it goes.

Its a shame the iPhones photo stream only works one way from the iPhone to the macbook, and not from macbook to iPhone.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
AirDrop is brilliant if a tad finnicky - I use it to tranfer stuff between my iPad 4, SWMBO's iPad Mini and my iPhone 5S. It works brilliantly and is very fast, but we find that to use it between the iPad 4 and iPad Mini it has to be switched off/on before use, but not so between the iPad 4 and iPhone 5S - all devices are on iOS 7.03

Transferring 30 12-16Mp images takes about 30 seconds - brilliant.

If only Airdrop on the Mac and Airdrop on iOS were compatible. To transfer data/images between iOS and Mac, I use an app called Instashare which works very well.
Took a bit of fiddling as the instructions weren't crystal, but I managed to work out how to transfer between my Macbook & iPhone, which means I now have a trusted device in my iPhone list. However when I'm trying to transfer from iPhone to MacBook, it just constantly searches for a device and never finds it.

I have tried with Wi-Fi & BT on and also with Wi-Fi on and BT off and neither has proven fruitful yet.

Any pointers? :)

EDIT: I maybe should point out that I'm referring to instashare here, not airdrop lol

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
InstaShare can be a bit hit and miss - I've only used it MacBookPro <-> iPad 4, but not with iPhone. For my iPad 4 -> iPhone 5S and iPad 4 - SWMBO's iPad Mini I use AirDrop. I'm not a massive fan if InstaShare, but it's there is all else fails.

Another option would be iCloud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course you do this conveniently by AirDrop, just do as the following steps:

Step 1 Enable AirDrop on iDevices
Open Control Centre on both your iOS devices. Tap "AirDrop" and select "Everyone" option to make your handset discoverable to any others.

Step 2 Share Content with AirDrop
Open the picture on gallery, song on music, website on Safari, etc, then, tap the button shown on the bottom-left corner. All the iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac nearby that enabling AirDrop will display under the "Tap to share with AirDrop" panel. Select the name of the device that you want to share data with and tap it.

Step 3 Accept the Data Transferred with AirDrop
On the screen of the receiving handset, a request box will pop up asking you to "Accept" or "Decline" the file shared by another Apple device. Just tap the "Accept" button and the transferred file will be in the destination iDevice immediately.

If you still have any puzzle please post a reply. Have a nive day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.