Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried it out for the first time today. It's epic. WAY more powerful than my Stihl petrol leaf blower (obviously a more concentrated air stream)

Dried my alloys in seconds, can't waiter to try on shuts, mirrors etc.

Warm filtered air. Perfect

·
Registered
550 Posts
Bought one about a month ago..does exactly what it says on the tin :)

Pretty impressed with the usual shut lines and mirrors/handles being blown out, but the alloys/tyres are the bit that impresses me each time I use mine :)

·
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
8,557 Posts
The sidekick is easily the best thing I've bought in ages. And yip - I completely agree that it is fantastic for drying wheels and tyres!!

If you're tempted just get one; you will not regret it!!!

Cooks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
great for wheel and tyres and for moving the vast majority of water off the car as long as you have a good layer of LSP present.

ive used mine of everything from blowing clear a blocked shower drain to clearing copper pipes of water before tapping into them.

well worth the money for me personally

Dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I've seen a couple on you tube but I'd rather see a demo video from a fellow detailer to get a good idea of your thoughts rather than someone doing a sale pitch. :thumb:
Ok fair enough! Will do but it won't be immediately, I've just had a hernia operation so can't do the whole car just yet !!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Ok fair enough! Will do but it won't be immediately, I've just had a hernia operation so can't do the whole car just yet !!
Aww no no !!! There's no rush , you get your self better chap that's the main thing. I'm in no rush , I'd just like to see a fellow detailer video on a wheel and tyre. Like already said before these are designed for wheels, tyres , boot lids and door shuts etc. you would have to have a car very heavily protected to do a whole car otherwise you might be there a while.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yea you don't need to see a video Mr. Slineclean; take our word for it; great bit of kit. :) I use it with every valet I do (and have done for the best part of a year now) and wouldn't be without it. Wouldn't do a whole car with it, but that's not what I got it for anyhow.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Had mine for about a year and love it. It's small enough to be easily portable. Great for wheels and tyres. Door suts and engine bay.
Blew the snow off the car last winter. So much smaller than my Leaf blower for tidying up in the garden.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.