Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Been on site for a while just looking and reading alot of how to guides,

I bought one of the silverline kit from ebay, it came with different pads and the lambs wool cover,

My question is, is there any way of telling what pad does what, there was no indication on this.

Im looking to remove light swirls from my black fiesta and not wanting to cause more damage.

Also i have farecla g10 sitting would this be suitable for the light swirls

sorry if this is in the wrong section.

thanks

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
G10 would be ok with something like a white or green hexlogic pad, it dries quickly so keep a spray bottle of water with you to give yourself more working time. Super Resin Polish might be a better starting point, it will eliminate some of the swirls and hide the rest. Your best bet would be to practice on a scrap panel first until you feel you're ready to do any cutting on the Fiesta. Panther black is medium/hard so it isn't too easy to damage,but a scrap panel is the best way to suss out speeds and G10/water ratios. Don't forget to post up the results!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G10 would be ok with something like a white or green hexlogic pad, it dries quickly so keep a spray bottle of water with you to give yourself more working time. Super Resin Polish might be a better starting point, it will eliminate some of the swirls and hide the rest. Your best bet would be to practice on a scrap panel first until you feel you're ready to do any cutting on the Fiesta. Panther black is medium/hard so it isn't too easy to damage,but a scrap panel is the best way to suss out speeds and G10/water ratios. Don't forget to post up the results!
Ah Spot on! thanks for your advice, i have my track civic sitting in drive i'll test it out on that and see how i get on,

I have a bottle of the Auto Glym Super Resin Polish so this on fiesta for the time being until i get more confident on rotary - Not wanting to ruin brand new paint, i'll post before and after on the civic

thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.