Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

As per the title. As anyone tried it?

I was not aware SiRamik did a grapehne spray.

I remember hearing about SiRamik a few years ago, but ceramic coatings only.

Can this graphene product be used as both a topper, or stand alone product only?

Also, does anyone know the history of the company?

Thanks in advance,

Rappy :thumb:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Based on some positive comments I've read on here I picked some of this up in the Black Friday sales. When I received it there was a printed note with it that says...

Application guidelines only for this batch.

As this particular batch is stronger than intended regular agitation is needed, we would also recommend the use of a spritz of water after application, this will break the surface tension of product and panel and level any high spots if present.​
It's made me a bit wary of using it to be honest so it's still sat on the shelf unused. I'm guessing I just need to shake the bottle regularly and spritz with a bit of DI water before buffing but it seems like an unnecessary complication that I wasn't expecting.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :thumb:

My mate is running low on PA Cosmic Spritz & asked my opinion.

I have never used any graphene products, so thought I would ask here.

I'm pretty sure he said 8-12mths durability & priced identical to PA Cosmic Spritz.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate I have this but not used it , but if the weather plays ball I'll try for you tomorrow and take some pics 😊
Please do :)

Guessing with all the hype of the new detailing buzz word of graphene. Fantastic water beading & hopefully durabilty with high ph products :thumb:

Will be interested to hear how it compares to PA products :thumb:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on some positive comments I've read on here I picked some of this up in the Black Friday sales. When I received it there was a printed note with it that says...

It's made me a bit wary of using it to be honest so it's still sat on the shelf unused. I'm guessing I just need to shake the bottle regularly and spritz with a bit of DI water before buffing but it seems like an unnecessary complication that I wasn't expecting.
Not seen any reviews on here. I did a search before posting too!

Sounds a bit finicky to apply, but not uncommon. Some brands can be the same.

Based on what you mentioned.Sounds like a fairly new product & still going through R&D

Any ideas where they are based or manufactured?

Would like to contact them & ask for the MSDS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not seen any reviews on here. I did a search before posting too!

Sounds a bit finicky to apply, but not uncommon. Some brands can be the same.

Based on what you mentioned.Sounds like a fairly new product & still going through R&D

Any ideas where they are based or manufactured?

Would like to contact them & ask for the MSDS.
I haven't seen any reviews just a few comments from some regulars saying they've had great results from it.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=5763185&highlight=lustrous#post5763185

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=5763169&highlight=lustrous#post5763169

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=5757785&highlight=lustrous#post5757785

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=5757793&highlight=lustrous#post5757793

I think they're UK based, their Facebook page gives the following contact details.

http://proglasscoat.com/
[email protected]
07305 696356

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ive been testing it on a few panels on my car, coated and uncoated under.
3 months in and the performance is as day 1, no degradation, excellent self cleaning, fantastic resistance to chemicals, outstanding beading & sheeting and by far the best Lsp I’ve applied so far.
Yes it can be a bit finicky application & removal of the stronger batches, but a quick spritz of water and wipe helps to remove any high spots or streaks. But I’m led to believe the current off the self version doesn’t have this problem and a lot more user friendly in application ans removal.

This stuff blows PA outta the water plus a few other good Lsps that I’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
944 Posts

The stronger version batch is a beast of a product and yes have a bottle of water to spritz after application to help remove high spots and lvl out but Honestly worth the performance and end results.
Just make sure you have no water spots on the panels applying to as it will make them stand out, I found out the hard way lol

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive been testing it on a few panels on my car, coated and uncoated under.
3 months in and the performance is as day 1, no degradation, excellent self cleaning, fantastic resistance to chemicals, outstanding beading & sheeting and by far the best Lsp I've applied so far.
Yes it can be a bit finicky application & removal of the stronger batches, but a quick spritz of water and wipe helps to remove any high spots or streaks. But I'm led to believe the current off the self version doesn't have this problem and a lot more user friendly in application ans removal.

This stuff blows PA outta the water plus a few other good Lsps that I've got.

Thanks Sharrkey :thumb:

Sounds like an interesting product to try :)

In what way is it better than PA?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The stronger version batch is a beast of a product and yes have a bottle of water to spritz after application to help remove high spots and lvl out but Honestly worth the performance and end results.
Just make sure you have no water spots on the panels applying to as it will make them stand out, I found out the hard way lol

How did you get the stronger version?

Any info on SiRamik you can share?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks Sharrkey :thumb:

Sounds like an interesting product to try :)

In what way is it better than PA?
Beading, slicker, resistance to chemicals, self cleaning to name a few tbh.
The current version I have is stronger so PA is a breeze application wise compared to lustrous but as I said the current off the self product is a lot more user friendly.

I contacted them on Fb having been recommended by a fellow member, and to be honest he's not recommended a duff product to me yet! Glad I jumped in

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beading, slicker, resistance to chemicals, self cleaning to name a few tbh.
The current version I have is stronger so PA is a breeze application wise compared to lustrous but as I said the current off the self product is a lot more user friendly.

I contacted them on Fb having been recommended by a fellow member, and to be honest he's not recommended a duff product to me yet! Glad I jumped in

Mmmm sounds like my first graphene product to try, thank you :thumb:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Hi guys thanks for the interest, the batch currently available at high definition is a stronger than needed batch, it does require a little spritz of water to level but remember this was an accidental blend that got into the system, whilst it can be a little off putting to use water to level it really doesn't add much to the timescale of application, however there are new batches available should anyone be interested where these are indeed a breeze to apply and remove.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi guys thanks for the interest, the batch currently available at high definition is a stronger than needed batch, it does require a little spritz of water to level but remember this was an accidental blend that got into the system, whilst it can be a little off putting to use water to level it really doesn't add much to the timescale of application, however there are new batches available should anyone be interested where these are indeed a breeze to apply and remove.
So would the best method with the stronger batch be apply the product to the paint then spritz with water and buff. Or, apply, buff, spritz and buff again?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Any plans for shipping to USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
To macmark, this has to be right up there as one of the best performing LSPs on the market outside of a high solid coating - looks, slickness, beading, durability, chemical resistance. I've found that despite the Cancoat style beading, it sheets water off better than anything I've seen. It's not sensitive to prep, or (from testing to date) cure time. It gives proper darkening effect on trim, just like Moonlight.

It's absolutely insane, as one if the early adopters I've a yet stronger batch and it can be a little bit unpredictable, at times I pick up Cancoat in it's place, just because it's consistently easy. It is imperative to shake the bottle well and if you've a stronger batch, have water on hand to reactivate high spots or streaks. I didn't know this at the very start and struggled with one car in particular.

As much as the usability improvements of recent batches are tempting, I'm quite happy with the performance of the version with higher active ingredients. This level of performance is what I have been searching for, for months. Though in this case it's likely accidental, IMO, I wish more products would have a 'plus' or 'pro' version where usability is sacrificed for performance.. Too many product manufacturers try to satisfy beginners and there is a real gap in the market for products for experienced enthusiasts or pros.. where a 3 to 5 year ceramic isn't what the customer wants.

Once you get used to it its absolutely fine, alternatively try a more recent batch, if it performs 80% as well it'll still out do similar style lite coatings like Moonlight and Cancoat.

Hats off to Russ and SiRamik for another cracker of a product..

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 180 Posts