Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Applicator is the way to go - I buy 8 rectangular ones for about 6 quid on ebay ! I use either side once then reuse as a tyre dressing applicator on less loved cars

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
With applicator you would get a slightly thicker coating amount and potentially a little longer durability, I'll get some in and give it a go and maybe pop one in the packs if it does indeed increase useabilty ease, if that's possible🤣

·
Registered
946 Posts
Is ok to use Autofoam with this sealant? Or shall I look for something not as strong?(Koch Chemie GSF, WP below eight)
I've been intentionally hitting mine lately with Bh auto foam to see if it degrades Lustrous abs so far it's made no difference to performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I've been intentionally hitting mine lately with Bh auto foam to see if it degrades Lustrous abs so far it's made no difference to performance

I've also been using AF at between maybe 4-5% and Adams Blue shampoo, Car was decontaminated in January from memory, Originally went with Wowo CS after a light quick polish, but wasn't too impressed, sheeted well but the beading was well.... average for such early days. Gave it a wash with Zero Decon which I know wouldn't do much to degrade it so early on and topped with Lustrous by end of Jan. Beading after a wash and rinsing down is very prolific, last wash was a week or two ago. Its even been hit with Purifica in the last month or so when we had the sand storms. The only thing I notice is the sides bead well even when dirty or dusty, the roof or bonnet can seem to look a little bit worse due to being clogged with dust etc. Did a test other day when it was raining, sprayed the left hand side of spoiler (looking from rear of car) with ONR and wiped clean in the drizzle and the next morning found the beads were a little sharper on that side, was just a sanity check that it was still going well rather than degrading, seemingly the beading is just being buried under the dust like I suppose many other products do. Sure seems like a persistent product for something so easily applied, looking forward to trying out the less strong formula with little worry about high spots for sure. Oh forgot to say its had no toppers of any form

·
Registered
946 Posts
Great to see another member having success with Lustrous, can’t sing it’s praises highly enough and makes a change from the usual few that harp on about it lol

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I'm onto using the new less strong batch, applied an absolute breeze to my alloys. FAR easier than previous mix with no immediate difference in terms of performance. Will continue to monitor that.

It's about as chemical resistant an LSP as I've seen, has been on my wife's alloys since 11 October, hit with an array of strong cleaners (as I have been experimenting to find a contactless pre-wash) and it is performing like day 1. Laughs at anything thrown at it.

On paintwork it's still going strong at 11 months on a couple of cars I infrequently maintain but do not top, could easily see this lasting 18 months which is crazy given the easy spray and wipe application. This is comfortably more durable and far slicker than Cancoat.

In my experience you always get better performance with any lite ceramic by applying it thick like a ceramic, via a microfibre applicator. The beading I get from Lustrous would be a little more pronounced than those images above even, almost a match for Cancoat but a step up from Moonlight.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I have had lustrous on a week or so... still haven't topped it with anything 😄 i found it easy enough to apply to prepped clean paint,needs to be applied thin though. this is the beading after the first wash and rinse
Water Water resources Liquid Sky Window

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I have had lustrous on a week or so... still haven't topped it with anything 😄 i found it easy enough to apply to prepped clean paint,needs to be applied thin though. this is the beading after the first wash and rinse
Looks good.

You'd normally have topped it at least 2 times by now ha! I really don't enjoy the process of applying LSPs, feel like I am causing damage in the process especially on sensitive surfaces and I'm totally paranoid about high-spots. That's why something like this works well for me.

Interesting that you said to apply it thin - did you have any issues when applying thick? I really chucked the new batch on and had no issues at all.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Looks good.

You'd normally have topped it at least 2 times by now ha! I really don't enjoy the process of applying LSPs, feel like I am causing damage in the process especially on sensitive surfaces and I'm totally paranoid about high-spots. That's why something like this works well for me.

Interesting that you said to apply it thin - did you have any issues when applying thick? I really chucked the new batch on and had no issues at all.
I had a play around/experimented with it and definitely had some visible 'high spots' when i applied to much,still buffed off ok, kept it nice and thin and all was fine

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had a play around/experimented with it and definitely had some visible 'high spots' when i applied to much,still buffed off ok, kept it nice and thin and all was fine
You should really hold off topping lustrous with anything and enjoy it, I personally think the beading needs a full week to fully cure and improves during that time.
Lustrous has converted from being a self confessed topping whore lol

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
You should really hold off topping lustrous with anything and enjoy it, I personally think the beading needs a full week to fully cure and improves during that time.
Lustrous has converted from being a self confessed topping whore lol

Ill try.... Promise ☺

121 - 140 of 180 Posts