Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Strange things happening on the forum....I posted a message on this thread a few days ago and it seems to have disappeared!

I'll try again.

Can anybody tell me whether this product can be used over a glaze or does it have to be bare paint?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks. I might be mistaken as I'm viewing on my phone but there is no mention on the website of diy products like lustrous, only seems to mention the professional products.
I think @Reflectology who has commented earlier in this thread is the guy that actually makes the stuff and I seem to remember that they don't have a consumer website but sell through High Definition Detail SiRamik they also have a Facebook page.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
As @macmark has mentioned drop them a message on Facebook..or message him on WhatsApp using the number at the top of the Reflectology website.

Russ is so helpful and always quick to reply - know a lot of people who don't log on as often have lost access with the recent forum changes.

They make some seriously advanced products, plenty for the top-end accredited detailers along with us enthusiasts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is anyone using a QD topper over this and would there be amy benefit?
I was thinking of trying Sonax Ceramic detailer but not sure if there’s a need to!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Is anyone using a QD topper over this and would there be amy benefit?
I was thinking of trying Sonax Ceramic detailer but not sure if there’s a need to!
For curiosity's sake I have tried a couple of my favourite QDs on it, Koch Chemie FSE and CarPro Ech20 - they each give a nice candy look to the paint, look great for a day but the process of topping and/or the film they leave behind (I don't know which) actually makes the surface that more prone to dust and water spots.

With this in mind, if you're doing it because you want to increase the overall performance of Lustrous, you're heading down a dead end. Generally short term LSPs are pretty one dimensional products that major on one or two things - Beadmaker for slickness, Gyeon QD for sheer gloss, BSD/Ceramic Detailer for water behaviour.. each of these has an achilles heel that quite simply Lustrous does not have. If you are like me and do not like compromise, my advice would be to avoid topping and re-apply Lustrous every 6 months but only after a decon (or polish). It lasts as well on unpolished but clean paint.

If you're doing it for the satisfaction or enjoyment factor, or want to extract that subjective cherry on top then why not. The stake are low as you get 10+ applications out of a bottle and it's extremely easy to reapply.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Hi guys thanks for the comments and feedback, if anyone needs any further info please get in touch through the SiRamik Glasscoat Facebook page either by PM or through WhatsApp with the number provided on the page. Don't really frequent much in here but replies are pretty much instant through there.

Russ

·
Registered
181 Posts
For curiosity's sake I have tried a couple of my favourite QDs on it, Koch Chemie FSE and CarPro Ech20 - they each give a nice candy look to the paint, look great for a day but the process of topping and/or the film they leave behind (I don't know which) actually makes the surface that more prone to dust and water spots.

With this in mind, if you're doing it because you want to increase the overall performance of Lustrous, you're heading down a dead end. Generally short term LSPs are pretty one dimensional products that major on one or two things - Beadmaker for slickness, Gyeon QD for sheer gloss, BSD/Ceramic Detailer for water behaviour.. each of these has an achilles heel that quite simply Lustrous does not have. If you are like me and do not like compromise, my advice would be to avoid topping and re-apply Lustrous every 6 months but only after a decon (or polish). It lasts as well on unpolished but clean paint.

If you're doing it for the satisfaction or enjoyment factor, or want to extract that subjective cherry on top then why not. The stake are low as you get 10+ applications out of a bottle and it's extremely easy to reapply.
I was initially thinking to maintain the Lustrous but as you’ve rightly said does it even need it!
Then I was thinking would it bring anything to the party, probably not!
Thanks for that your answer Anyway (y)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Got some water spots today. I've used diluted with deionised water 3:1 Praefulgeo as a drying aid. Also felt like Praefulgeo leaves some smearing even in diluted version.
Will try KC FSE to remove spots, proper wash, panel wipe and reapplying. This time will try just pure water as a drying aid, but feel that visually gloss is more "flat" than make colour pop like for example pa rapidwaxx Ive used before. Probably nature of a product.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Any idea how you got the water spots?

Leave the product untopped and you'll see some benefit - nothing will resist a rogue sprinkler or washing in the sun but this is one of the least susceptible to water spots that I've tried.

Did you get the water spotting after previous use of the drying aid? I regularly got horrible water spotting from using NV boost as a topper to SiC.. totally bizarre.

Rapidwaxx definitely has a distinctive look but has other limitations sadly!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 180 Posts