Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Have been after a mat for the car boot for a while and there not cheap for a decent one.

I spotted something in a skip and thought ill have that and hopefully clean it up...:lol:

Now i was so eager to get cleaning it i did not take a pic at its dirtiest...:wall:

This is infact after about 4 hits with Bilt Hamber's Surfex HD and a scrubbing brush.

Got to work with Tardis.

It looks more clean at one side as i had as i say got carried away and had started already with Tardis on that side and all this after i had been at it with a scraper getting the thickest of the paint and tar etc off it....:lol:

It really was much worse that the pictures show.

However a microfibre cloth, Tardis and elbow grease made headway.

About 2/3rd's Done...

Had a bit of whitening after the tardis fully rinsed off and some surfex cleaning for good measure.

A final wipe down with some Valet pro Tar and Glue Remover finished it off and smelled great.

One of the Dogs came to ask if i was done yet....:lol:

I could not leave the underside untouched however so set to with paper towel and Valet Pro Tar and Glue Remover again getting into the recesses.

Oh so many many bubbles....:wall:

Nearly There....:lol:

Finally Done.

Brucy Bonus she fits a treat...:thumb:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks.

You never know your luck in a skip....:lol:

Love the Beading Comment...:lol:

I thought i may have to cut it down when i first spotted it then possibly slightly short.

Was super chuffed when it was spot on near as darn it... i now love the fact that i can put stuff in the boot without it sliding around namely food shopping as before i was having to have the boot filled with collapsable boxes that are great but still some slide and rattle when empty but not now....:thumb:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give yourself a pat on the back bud. That's a proper result!!
Hmmmmm, nice crocs and sock combo too!! lol.
I was waiting for that....:lol: Was thinking about pulling the pic or cropping it...:lol: The fact Crocs are so simple to slide into as you go out to take a pic having taken off your mucky boots.....:lol:

You know what with comments about my hat in the Rover 75 Snow foaming and my Holly Crocs.... i dont know why i bother with this forum i really dont.....:wall::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
'Pret a porter' just took on a whole new meaning! :thumb:

What a great find, but would a pressure wash not have saved you some of the hard work?
Afraid not the paint etc really needed a very thin knife to take the thickest off as i had already had power wash on it whats shown in the pics is after the surfex scrubbing power washing and scrapping what was left could have left a some people thinking oh chuck it, im certain they would in its state before the level i had gotten it to in the first pic.

The Tardis certainly did a great job and was a last resort but cut through majority easily with another hit on the worst areas and only a third hit in spots round the very base of the raised bubbles and then its just the perfectionist in me wanting every little scrap gone....:D

·
DW Superstar
5,336 Posts
I was waiting for that....:lol: Was thinking about pulling the pic or cropping it...:lol: The fact Crocs are so simple to slide into as you go out to take a pic having taken off your mucky boots.....:lol:

You know what with comments about my hat in the Rover 75 Snow foaming and my Holly Crocs.... i dont know why i bother with this forum i really dont.....:wall::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ha ha, it's just a bit of banter buddy, no offence intended. Crop the pic's for future reference. Detailing uniform is the only part I never get in the pic. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.