Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the car today, havent washed it for a good 2 weeks which is a long long time for me.
Obviously the car was a lot dirtier than normal, and there was a lot of black traffic film dirt on it.
I got the snow foam out as i always do, filled up say 5-10% of snow foam and covered the car.
After 5 minutes or so i rinsed and noticed almost all the dirt was still there.
I had to blast it all off with the spray attatchment.
Should i make a stronger mix, wait longer or get a better snow foam?
Also should i rinse with water before snow foam or not?

Any tips much appriciated, thanks

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
As mentioned, go round the whole car with the PW first.

Then foam the car up. Leave it at least 10 minutes. I usually crack on with the wheels and tyres/arches while its doing what ever so usually longer than 10 minutes. As long as it isn't sunny or too warm you should be fine - just don't let it dry.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
A good citrus Pre wash is the better option for actual cleaning power IMO
Can I ask are these citrus pre-wash cleaners ok with waxed cars? I've used them in the past but only on particulary dirty cars that are either going to get a full polish/wax or if I know I'm adding another layer.

I use an LSP snow foam generally. The bottle of pre-wash stuff I had was sold to me in a label less bottle. Can't remember where I got it from to be honest it was years ago.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its called uk valet cherry snow foam.
whats the best recommenced one?

i'll give the car a good PW first next time

i couldnt tell if it was different than it usually acts because i never let the car get that dirty usually lol

i also have a 5L bottle of auto smart hazsafe i never use, would i use that the same way as snow foam?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
its called uk valet cherry snow foam.
whats the best recommenced one?

i'll give the car a good PW first next time

i couldnt tell if it was different than it usually acts because i never let the car get that dirty usually lol

i also have a 5L bottle of auto smart hazsafe i never use, would i use that the same way as snow foam?
that's the cheap one off ebay with poor reviews ... try magifoam. I foamed my car on Saturday after 6 weeks of not washing (you can imagine the [email protected] on it with the recent weather) and didn't follow up with 2BM as it was clean enough

·
Registered
603 Posts
As mentioned, go round the whole car with the PW first.

Then foam the car up. Leave it at least 10 minutes. I usually crack on with the wheels and tyres/arches while its doing what ever so usually longer than 10 minutes. As long as it isn't sunny or too warm you should be fine - just don't let it dry.
:doublesho What foam do use that stays on the car for 10 mins :confused:

I use CG and even at 30% that wont stay on the mucky bits, sides & rear for more than a couple of mins.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
This the reason why i gave up using snow faom along time ago it pretty much does nothing for me, no cleaning power etc... (well some) but winter the film always remains, far far cheaper, easier less mes using something like valet pro citrus wash via pump sprayer then blasting off.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
This the reason why i gave up using snow faom along time ago it pretty much does nothing for me, no cleaning power etc... (well some) but winter the film always remains, far far cheaper, easier less mes using something like valet pro citrus wash via pump sprayer then blasting off.
I've got both Magifoam and VP pre-wash and although Magifoam does clean better IMO whether it outways the extra cost of the product/lance is another story.

But snow foam for me personally seems to give an almost touchless wash.

·
DW Forum Sponsor
6,765 Posts
I always apply snow foam to a dry car. To me rinsing it first kind of defeats the purpose of the snow foam softening dirt and lifting it so you aren't blasting it all over your paintwork.

When i did my snow foam test, I did it twice, the first removed most of the dirt etc, but left a traffic film. The second foaming reduced the traffic film quite considerably.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Use the 'Delta Racer D 150' attachment for your pressure washer. It is ideal for cleaning sensitive surfaces, e.g. cars, motorcycles, glass, conservatories, garage doors, roller shutters, blinds, garden furniture, bicycles, etc., without splash back. Innovative wash brush with two rotating flat jet nozzles combines high power with gentle cleaning action. The new surface and patio cleaner with soft wash brush combines a high-pressure jet and manual brush pressure for efficient cleaning results.
Delta Racer saves energy and water and up to 30% time.
Fast, efficient and effortless cleaning using high pressure in combination with a brush for a cleaner home and garden. Suitable for all Kärcher K2 - K7 series pressure washers.

www.apd2u.co.uk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.