Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know. but my avalanche has almost gone, not really that happy with it. but cant remember what I used before it. does anyone remember?? only joking. checked previous threads and cant really decide. I think it could have been magifoam not 100 per cent. any suggestions, I fully understand if I get no replies as these threads are a bit dull.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'm using magifoam as that's what I got with my lance and it cleans really well but will be using either BH auto foam or Angelwax fast foam when it runs out as it hangs around on the drive for ages after I've done the car

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Ill Post this again and let you decide...​

Ok Folks after having to wait 3 weeks and 800 Miles before i could get to wash the Polo...

Yeah certainly a candidate for some snow foaming action...:lol:

So why not a bit of a comparison test....:thumb:

So Rinsed with the power washer and then some side by sides....:D

These are all in lance bottles in neat form and will be hitting the panels at a mix ration of 1 part product to 25 parts water.

So First Up...

Autosmart Ultra Mousse to the Left...

Autobrite Magifoam to the Right...

Other Side...

Autosmart Actimousse XLS to the left...

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam to the Right...

As a Little extra Comparison...

A side by side on the hatch...

Autobrite Magifoam on the left & Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam on the Right...

Now i was going to simply post up the results.. However...:D

Having Taken a swab of each panel after just one application of foam, left to dwell for 5 minutes and then rinsed off.

The swab was taken and put to one side in order to dry fully overnight and then see what, if any muck had been transferred to the swab.

So What do Folks think will have cleaned the best on this Dirty Car???

Poll is Ended...:thumb:

Results...​

Ok Folks Lets See How Your Votes Compared To Foam Performance.

So The Dirt the Foams had to Contend With...

Remember all Foams were used in neat form from the foam lance bottle.

So Actually were dispensed at a mix ratio of 20:1 so Twenty Parts Water to One Part Foam Product.

So....Pads were Swiped from the Bottom of each respective panel as these were the Dirtiest sections although not taken from the actual sill as getting that low risks catching any crud below the sill bottom edge.

Magifoam was Voted Top... It Actually Came Last from my testing.

Autosmart Ultra Mousse was Voted Last... It Actually Came Third.

Autosmart Actimousse XLS Voted Next to Last... It Actually Came Second Only Just Pipped to the post By the Winner.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam Voted Second Best... It's Actually the Winner only just Beating XLS.

The Autosmart Ultramousse was Similar Performance to Autobrite Magifoam... But i would put the Ultramousse as Slightly Better.

So From My Testing Magifoam alongside Ultramousse.

Remember the Pads were swiped once through the relevant Panel that had been cleaned.

The Swiped Pads were left to dry in order to see if any Grime was left on the panel after the Foaming and Rinsing.

Here We Have the Second place Actimousse XLS alongside the Winner Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam.

Now although still not fully clean the XLS & Auto-Foam Only left a very miniscule amount behind.

For my own Personal Test, Since i had only just received Magifoam having heard good things about it for what seams like forever, i did a side by side on the Hatch with what i have found to be an excellent foam that being the Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam.

Now the Very Cruddy Hatch had one hit of each product, one on each side again.

This power washed off again after 5 Minutes but this time i swiped each side with each pad twice.

Both did not remove all but again the Bilt Hamber Autofoam Performed the Best.

The Hatch Pad pics seam to have fallen into a Black Hole....:wall:

However they are at the top of this shot...

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
We've tried most of them and one of my personal favourites is Bilt Hamber Autofoam, not the thickest foam but definitely a strong performer.

Some heavy foaming products look nice, but they're either too strong and will compromise the LSP or you'll be forever cleaning a long, lingering residue from door shuts, gaps, your driveway, the street etc etc.

Alex

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm very impressed with the CG one, not 100% perfect but removes all visible signs so great for a quick no touch on a work horse daily, but does show a small amount of residue dirt/film on a white drying towl when I tested it (I don't dry it following the test).

Almost finished the 5l, but will be replacing with same again, am very impressed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We've tried most of them and one of my personal favourites is Bilt Hamber Autofoam, not the thickest foam but definitely a strong performer.

Some heavy foaming products look nice, but they're either too strong and will compromise the LSP or you'll be forever cleaning a long, lingering residue from door shuts, gaps, your driveway, the street etc etc.

Alex
Just had my Bilt Hamber Autofoam delivered from you guys this morning :) Can't wait to try it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.