Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's how I got on trying out Auto Finesse's Spirit wax.

http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/spirit/

This is a wax I've always like the sound of but felt flush when it came to buying it and went for Desire :lol: the packaging is very appealing to me with the signature Auto Finesse art work over a nice red background.
opening my sample I was greeted with a very pleasant apple/vanilla fragrance.

Swiping your finger over the wax allows it to turn from a hard wax into a very smooth, easy working product.

So the car to be treated to this wax... My daily VW Bora. lets see how the wax holds up over winter :thumb:

The car was cleaned and decontaminated yesterday, and then this morning received a further 2 bucket wash and paint cleanser to ensure a good clean base for the wax.

So onto application. I have read the other sample reviews and the problem everyone had was with the small pot and loading an applicator. I decided to rub some wax into my fingers and apply it to the paint.

I rubbed some into the applicator pad too to prime it up.
I then worked it around the panel as normal and managed to get even, thin layers.

A single pass with a fresh microfiber was all that was needed for removal.

I found using a generic thin applicator was good to get the wax from the little pot and carried on from there.

Applied

Removed

Applied

Removed

Being a wax-on-wax-off product, I decided to be daring!
One large panel waxed.

I left it 5 minutes, wiped off half and then after 10 minutes removed the rest... Effortless.
It took two or three swipes to remove but it shows that you won't get into trouble :)

So all in all, I think this is a brilliant wax! Very nice to use with it's pleasant smell and easy on-easy off nature.
I'm expecting durability to be pretty good too, I'll keep you posted!
It's supposed to be great for metallic colours so I'll be trying that out very soon.

Thanks for reading :)

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

Although i had issues with the Spirit Sample after finally getting a break in the weather well only very light drizzle rather than bouncing it down i got the IQ washed.

The wax left little behind on the water front after a open hose rinse.

The Aeolus had little to remove so able to dry the whole car with the Aeolus.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers :) it's not terrible for spending 8 years as a rep-mobile before I got it. Haha.

James, the sheeting while driving in the rain was impressive tonight. I think it'll help keep some of the dirt at bay.
There's a few areas on the car that I know take a pasting (side exit exhaust and a diesel engine make some soot up the side of the rear bunper) and there's been a lot of roads resurfaced so I'll see how the tar holds too. Desire was doing a great job and that had been on there since March!

Any-woots, some beading after a drive in the wet.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My second outing with Spirit. (and 4 hours later my hands still smell of it :lol:)

I applied the wax to my Mum's car today while I was over there.
As before it was washed, clayed and a pre-wax cleanser used.

I used a thin, floppy foam applicator to get the wax from the little pot.
Applied one panel at a time and removed with a fresh micro fiber cloth. A brisk 6 degrees outside and the wax still went on and off very easily.
They were having a party for my niece today (I only got invited to do the car, not for the party :rolleyes:) and the youngest one likes to help clean the cars. She is 6 years only and I gave her a try applying and removing Spirit on a door and she had no issues :thumb: but then she waled away smelling the tub :lol:

I am so impressed with this wax that I think I'll have to get a 200ml pot for myself... or see what santa brings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.