Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wondering if you could answer a question for me.

The car I'm getting has a connection for iPhones in the ashtray that connects to the car stereo (MDI connection). Will I be able to stream music from spotify through the cars speakers?

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
Your getting a vw aren't you ? Yes you can, I've done it in all the vw's I've had, both mk6 and 7 and the tiggy.

You have to open the app, select the playlist and then you can scroll through the tracks. You cannot search from what I remember and you can do it via Bluetooth, I never use the mdi cable.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your getting a vw aren't you ? Yes you can, I've done it in all the vw's I've had, both mk6 and 7 and the tiggy.

You have to open the app, select the playlist and then you can scroll through the tracks. You cannot search from what I remember and you can do it via Bluetooth, I never use the mdi cable.
Yeah it's a golf if that makes any difference.

That's good thanks. Means my trip home in my new car won't be that boring

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
You need to set it to Bluetooth audio, it's really easy to do, not that I can remember how :) it displays artwork too. You should be able to pair your phone in less than 20 seconds without the handbook :)

Oh and the so called mobile phone pocket be carefull, I got my iPhone stuck and had to open it with a knife. When the phone was in a case it doesn't give enough room to push the flap open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.