Detailing World Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

After a bit of advice i'm looking to change what wax i use and iv seen some small pots of Swissvax sheild on the net sample sizes

Is it necessary to use the Swissvax cleaner? or as long as I fully decontaminate my paint and correct it first would I be ok to apply?

what would the results be if i didn't use the cleaner?

Am i correct in thinking the cleaner is basically just a equivalent to say something like poorboy's black hole which would just fill and light scratches and swirls in the paint before waxing?

Any help much apprciated iv been using Poorboys Nattys blue currently but i'm looking for something that will last a bit longer over winter

·
Mr Generosity.
x_posts
It's a pre wax cleaner, BH is a glaze.
They both do not contain abrasives, but the cleaner fluid will remove old waxes, polishes etc., to get the paint ready for bonding with the wax.
Zymol also recommends their own HD fluid or whatever ( their pre-wax cleaner).

I applied Shield to my car and did not use their cleaner fluid.
I polished, then wiped down with a pre-wax cleaner liquid(or panel wipe) then wax!

·
Registered
x_posts
Shield is a lovely wax to use, so easy on and off.

SV cleaner fluid does lay down a good foundation for the wax. That said you don't have to use it. The impact of not using it will be slightly less longevity, however other pre wax cleaners would help, but my not be "optimised" to work with Swissvax waxes.

It is one of the waxes I will replace when I run out (but with only 2 cars to look after and a stack of other waxes to hand it may be a long time :lol:)

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a pre wax cleaner, BH is a glaze.
They both do not contain abrasives, but the cleaner fluid will remove old waxes, polishes etc., to get the paint ready for bonding with the wax.
Zymol also recommends their own HD fluid or whatever ( their pre-wax cleaner).

I applied Shield to my car and did not use their cleaner fluid.
I polished, then wiped down with a pre-wax cleaner liquid(or panel wipe) then wax!
Thanks for the quick reply Goodylax :)
I use IPA to wipe my panels down currently after polishing would that be the same as the panel wipe

Sorry if my questions seem a bit noobish but everyone starts somewhere :)

·
Registered
x_posts
I only use SV Cleaner Fluid when the paint needs to be "deep cleaned" and I haven't done any correction work prior to adding a SV wax. If the paint has been polished, you'll be fine as most polishes and compounds have chemical cleaners in them. SV CF doesn't fill to an extent where it should be called a glaze though, so don't expect it to hide defects.

You'll be okay doing a thorough IPA wipe (1:1 or even more aggressive). IPA and panel wipe is not the same though, panel wipe is much stronger. IPA is great for lighter duties, but if you want to be certain that the paint is CLEAN and doesn't hide anything, panel wipe/silicone remover is the way to go. Wear a mask and gloves when handling it.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

x_y_of_z_posts