Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or are they a bad place to go for a car. The thing is I spotted what I'm after on their website and its a grand cheaper than most other places, although the other places are main dealers with a 30 day / 1000 mile return policy.

Anyone had any experience with the ?

Also Motorpoint have the same make and model for £500 more than the Car people :confused:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I haven't used the sheffield branch but have bought 2 cars from Wakefield branch and had very good experiences both times. Not a lot of movement on price but I felt a i got a good deal on the trade ins I made.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I got mine from there 4 years ago and would go again. Like above comment not much haggling to be done but service was quick, efficient and as promised car was ready with paperwork when they said(unlike others i've been to). Don't get sold the GAP insurance(cheaper online if you need it) and Lifeshine etc and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Deano,
the problem I have its a fair drive down from the North East and If I get there and the car is not "as described" then its a waste of money travelling. Was going to phone them anyway, but you know what salesmen are like :devil: they will say anything to get you into the showroom :rolleyes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
not sure if they will move it to a branch closer to you, a friend of mine asked for the same, it was Manchester to Wakefield so not too far for them, all they asked was for a deposit on the car refundable if the car wasn't as described. he ended up with an ex rep car full service history etc and no faults to date (he's had it 2 years). as mentioned previously the only haggling was for the value of his car or a "discount" off the lifeshine type thing.

only bad thing he had to say was the valuation they gave him for his car over the phone ~1k was dropped to £750 once they pointed out that a 20 year old car he was trading in had a couple of minor dents on it but i think all the car places work the same way..

·
Registered
300 Posts
What I would say is the cars they have seem to be of a higher quality than Ive seen in some main dealers and car supermarkets. What kind of thing are you worried about finding?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I would say is the cars they have seem to be of a higher quality than Ive seen in some main dealers and car supermarkets. What kind of thing are you worried about finding?
Well, a scuffed alloy (no matter how small) marks on the interior that would probably not come out, just little niggly things really that would bug me :D

If the paintwork has no tiny dents or dings in it, the normal stuff that most on here would not like.

OK, the car I'm thinking of getting is a 10 month old 62 plate and has 8000 on it so I don't expect showroom condition, if its as clean as mine then I'll snap their hands off :lol:

or do you think I'm expecting to much.

This is it LINKY

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've worked here since the place opened, running the paintshop for most of that time, so may be able to help out a little :D

I'm working night shifts at the minute but I'll see if I can find the car and have an honest look over it you. Might be tricky as I don't have access to the full site for security reasons but I'll see what I can do.

But we do try and prep our cars to high standards. I can't guarantee you a swirl free finish, lol, but we have a PDR man on site, full bodyshop facilities, and a smart repair team, so the vast majority of cosmetic damage is well and truly sorted.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've worked here since the place opened, running the paintshop for most of that time, so may be able to help out a little :D

I'm working night shifts at the minute but I'll see if I can find the car and have an honest look over it you. Might be tricky as I don't have access to the full site for security reasons but I'll see what I can do.

But we do try and prep our cars to high standards. I can't guarantee you a swirl free finish, lol, but we have a PDR man on site, full bodyshop facilities, and a smart repair team, so the vast majority of cosmetic damage is well and truly sorted.
If the paintwork has a few swirls I'll not be that bothered, thats what my Das is for :buffer: what I'm more concerned about is deep scratches or chips, I'm very OCD when it comes to my motors. Suppose thats what you get for joining this forum :lol:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I couldn't find it last night Scotty. By the time I saw your message, our display / forecourt area was locked up tight for the night.

I'll go and hunt for it tonight when I arrive. Only close to 600 cars to search through :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.