Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a super bright torch thats not massive. Folk have suggested Cree LED's

Its not for swirl spotting just in general about the house and since i work nightshift out on farms in the dark.

Was amazed by torches stewards were using at a concert i went to reccently and stupidly didnt ask what make they were
But the steward shone the torch from the balcony down onto the standing crowd it was really bright and a wide beam, initially i thought it was a spotlight.

Can i get a reasonable tool for the job for about £20

·
Registered
517 Posts
Theres two routes you can take with torches

1)pay big bucks on branded stuff like FENIX, LENSER, MAGLITE etc
There usually good and do the job but can be pricey.

2)Pay a lot less for cheaper clone torches and if your willing to get really geeky then start using rechargeable super batteries eg 14500,

Whats your budget and what size torch do you want.

To start you off try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire...ightsLanternsTorches&var=&hash=item1c3812e6f0

Even with just AA battery there bright- But then add some 14500 and its night and day.
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Three times your budget but I have a Coast A25R and it's brilliant. VERY bright, VERY solidly built, USB rechargeable and the battery lasts for ages. I think you might struggle to find anything worthwhile for £20.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking to spend a lot purely because I'm an idiot and tend to lose small things. I'd rather spend what I'm willing to lose, I'm not made of money but i wouldnt mind losing £20 than £60 or even more

If it comes down to batteries and the above mentioned 14500 then what about this set?
http://bit.ly/1hHlaZQ

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went for the one i linked above, not much to lose for £15 torch and rechargable batteries.

I did see the snap on ones in costco. Handy for my line of work, may still consider buying the 3 pack and sell the other 2 to colleagues

·
Registered
756 Posts
Got my p7 on eBay. We'll actually 2 of them for £40 posted so £20 each, I know if you watch them and bid right you can get the single ones for around the £20 mark!
Best torch at this money IMHO!!!

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.