Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all , I was sent a rather nice looking box from Team AF with samples of Satin and Tough Coat

..... and as seeing so many of you have done Satin reviews I opted to go with Tough Coat :D

I did my usual decontamination process the day before and garaged the car overnight for doing this review .

Prior to applying Tough Coat I prepped the car with Tough Prep by DA which does a great job of cleansing , nipping out minor marring and leaving a lovely finish for applying LSP.

I've used Tough Coat many times , so added my sample to a bottle from my collection for ease of use :thumb:

These pads are perfect for the application too :D

Give a good shake before use .

A couple of sprays onto the pad and away you go.

It really does spread very easily and a doddle to use.

Curing....

You can go round the whole car in under 10 mins :thumb:

Removing is also very easy

I left it for about an hour to have lunch and then applied a second coat , we will all have our own opinions , however I find it does add that bit more in terms of finish and feel and as I said earlier , it doesn't take that long to apply or remove :thumb:

Job done .... and I used the new Satin on me tyres just to finish it off :argie:

It's raining here , so nipped out for a beading pic

Top product , easy on , easy off .... it's a win win from me :D

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3 Months on

Holas , I applied Tough Coat on 04/11/13 .... due to weather etc , I have only washed the car 2 times with AF Lather and have not used any QD.

Here's the beading from this morning :thumb:

Pretty pleased with the durability and looks :D

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Your car looks stunning for it's condition :thumb: Tough Coat is a doodle to use and not fussy at all but needs more durability I find but cannot complain due to the nature of how easy it is too apply.
My combo is Tripple, Tough coat and Desire on the top, really is great combo for metallics and darker paints but Tough Coat brings the sparkle to Silvers and whites I find better, so do use Desire on top.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Could I ask what pad you use to apply tough prep with on your da?

T
You do not use Tough Coat with a DA at all, you use the applicator from the review or a yellow one to spread, no machining involved the liquid will compress in the pad and generate heat on the surface and you will not be spreading and using far to much product and will not be a even uniform coverage, over kill buddie :thumb:

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
You do not use Tough Coat with a DA at all, you use the applicator from the review or a yellow one to spread, no machining involved the liquid will compress in the pad and generate heat on the surface and you will not be spreading and using far to much product and will not be a even uniform coverage, over kill buddie :thumb:
he said tough prep :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
I messed up Tough Coat was in my mind :D

I have no idea what you can use Tough prep with which pad, I have not used Tough prep yet but will invest later and see if it will improve durability further for me come Autumn time this year.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your car looks stunning for it's condition :thumb: Tough Coat is a doodle to use and not fussy at all but needs more durability I find but cannot complain due to the nature of how easy it is too apply.
My combo is Tripple, Tough coat and Desire on the top, really is great combo for metallics and darker paints but Tough Coat brings the sparkle to Silvers and whites I find better, so do use Desire on top.
Thanks bud , I think this is where the durability may be compromised with your combination , applying tough coat over tripple due to the carnuba in the tripple and tough coat can't bond properly .

Last year I used tough prep, tough coat then a layer of Desire , it was still beading 8-9 months later :doublesho and looked fabulous :argie:

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Thanks bud , I think this is where the durability may be compromised with your combination , applying tough coat over tripple due to the carnuba in the tripple and tough coat can't bond properly .

Last year I used tough prep, tough coat then a layer of Desire , it was still beading 8-9 months later :doublesho and looked fabulous :argie:
Thanks :) I was not aware the Tripple and Tough Coat will have a impact but I can understand now due to the carnauba and glazing oil in Tripple, I will need to invest in some Tough prep and have to order some later come Autumn time :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.