Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been off for a few days looking after a poorly child and decided as I was housebound to put my time to some use...

No initial pics but the garage was the usual scene of domestic bliss, with every flat surface adorned with junk...a clear out and the work began with painting "my" wall in a clean white coat of masonry paint...I then added floating shelves and bottle racks and then contacted R-Tex on here for a quote for some flooring

Being a local company based in N Ireland, Ryan was able to deliver my flooring on a saturday !! The price was competitive and I got down to work with the "easy" sections, covering 80% of the floor in about an hour. A couple of hours today with the jigsaw (great advice!!) finished the job

Hope it meets with approval, though not quite completely dejunked and still with 20% of the painting left to do behind the larger racks

And what will hopefully fit in once it's all done....need to attach some rubber matting/sponge to the wall below the pics to protect the door edges prior to parking !!!

Not yet a garage queen, it does get wet...beads are on the upper rear spoiler :)

Hope the DW enthusiasts enjoy the pics

Thanks

Brocks

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nice job there
Nice motor too!
Little thought, do the bikes always stay in the garage? You could get a bike rack for the celling to get them up of the floor. Something im considering, at least for my nice bike lol

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the bikes mounted on 2 wall racks, but they hung too far into the garage to keep it useable...will be taking them into work shortly ( and the pile of wood is a swing for my daughters birthday next week).....

Hopefully more decluttering to come over the next feww weeks to try and get the "other" side into a suitable condition too :)

Thanks for the comments....

Should also mention again that although I'm fairly incompetant when it comes to DIY, the R-Tex flooring was a gift to put down, and the seal between the tiles looks first rate..great product :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No skirting fixed in place yet, just run up to 5mm of the walls. The bottle racks are off the shelf items from B&Q, for storing tools, rubber coated 8 movable hangers for £18. In the pics I have 3 of them laid end to end

Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.