Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parents car got vandalised!

Not seen it in real, but quite big I think on passenger rear door

Would assume maybe too deep to get it machine polished out, but want to find out. What do I google to find local places in bristol who might be able to machine polish it out, paintless repairs?

·
Registered
328 Posts
If thats through the clear and top coat, and it looks like it is

I would say it needs spraying, i would guess the complete door

I do know a good place in Cheltenham but you would have to leave the car and it wouldnt be a lot more than the ex,s you would pay for a claim.

Pm me if you want more details :thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Parents are based in bristol so if it was a day job could get it done in bristol whilst baby sitting for us otherwise based in Somerset

This was done whilst staying over at my sister where they have parked numerous of times so I would hope it wasn't directed at them and be more like kids

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll stick my neck out and say that looks polish-able from that picture. It seems wide and shallow rather than deep, but clearly the camera could be deceiving.

Get down there, spray some water on it, and see what happens.

At the worst, if it does need a respray you can have some fun practising wet sanding before it goes to the bodyshop :D

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Personally id think respray. Some of it looks light but some parts look like they are right through to bare metal.

Might be worth having a fondle with some wet and dry yourself before it goes into a bodyshop

Bit lousey of some scrotum to cause malicious damage such as that!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.