Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

OK so I've sold my family wagon and I took the tuning chip and deck out of it! The deck is for a 2007 Vauxhall Astra, but it will fit in other models, as well. It's an OEM size, so it will fit in other cars also. It's got just about every creature feature that you can imagine: GPS, DVD, hands-free, AUX in/out, iPod, 3G slot, back up camera option, touch screen, etc. It wasn't used much and is in perfect aesthetic and working condition. You can read all the specs here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3G-INTERN...ics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item33824e391a

Al I have a "tuning box" for a Vauxhall 1.9 CDTi. It adds about 25 HP to the stock set up and yes, there's a HUGE difference in performance when it's on there. It's a simple plug n' play, that's it!

200 GBP for the head unit and 40 GBP for the chip! Let me know where you're located and I can get you a shipping price ASAP!

If anyone has a good DSLR with video function, I may be willing to trade!!

Jesse

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello is it the exact same spec head unit as the link? DVB? does it come with any leads what is the actual age of the machine. Does it have the Maps for sat nav built in? what maps come with the item and can they be updated easy?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello is it the exact same spec head unit as the link? DVB? does it come with any leads what is the actual age of the machine. Does it have the Maps for sat nav built in? what maps come with the item and can they be updated easy?
Hi! Yes it has the optional DVB (not included) and yes although the software in the link is a bit different, it has all the same features. I bought it around August of last year, so just over a year old. Yes it has iGo maps software on the micro SD card and all EU countries are included and maps can also be deleted and/or added! All of the cables, remote, etc. are included (less the reversing camera, but it can be purchased for pretty cheap) :thumb:!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your quick response.

For it being the older model and software, also no warranty, money is a bit to strong for me sorry.

GLWTS. :)
The software isn't necessarily "older" just different because this isn't the same exact model. Also it was purchased in July 2012 so still has 8 months warranty :) Make me an offer?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What make is the tuning box? Would it work on a 120 version?
Here's the chip (on the left) http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/opel/astra/astra-h/1-9-cdti-88kw/index.php Check for your exact make and model and we can ask them if it would work!

Here's what the manufacturer says,

"Can I use the RaceChip® in different vehicles?"

"Yes, when your other vehicle has got the same injection technique than your former one. It can be possible that you need a new wire harness or software.

You get the wire harness you need in our shop and furthermore we are able reprogram the RaceChip® for the new vehicle, if necessary. Our PD-technique is also state-of-the-art: A change to another PD-vehicle is possible without any problems. However, it's not possible to operate a RaceChip® PD-module in a Common Rail vehicle or vice versa.

For additional information and questions regarding compatibility please contact our Technical Department: [email protected]"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.