Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, another paint correction detail carried out at our Gosport Unit here in sunny (ahem) Hampshire.

Now those that follow us on Twitter and Facebook (please do!) will have no doubt seen the moaning that's been done about this car. Make no mistake it was a car from hell to detail and took 5 days (yes 5) of correction to get it to the end point. No, still not 100% but as close to it as time, patience and will power would allow! Even my Flex was moaning so it got sent for a service straight after this detail......

The car was washed, clayed etc as per normal then I set about doing a test section.

I chose the bonnet as my test section!

After I battled I thought I better take some before's, and also shows the bonnet section after the tests were done. Yes I know the tyres are dressed but I've not messed up the order (yet!) I promise.

OK, so back indoor to set up the lights and crack on with the serious task in hand. Pads...Megs yellow polishing with Scholl S3 Gold, followed by Megs black buffing and menzerna 85RE to refine. In between wiped down with our own Eraser style mix, and Eraser itself to make sure no filling is going on here. True corrections only.

50/50 on the roof

Once the correction was completed (yes really 5 days) the car was de-dusted, wiped down thoroughly with Eraser and eraser-like product ready to apply the Opti-Coat 2.0 which was applied and allowed to cure over night.

The following lunchtime, the car was wiped down gently and brought outside to inspect the end result of this paint correction detail.

Not too shabby

Yes a definate improvement perhaps....

Back indoors for some final bits

Nanolex glass treatment, topped with the amazing Glass Ultra

Add the numberplates, kind of gives the game away :lol:

Now I have broken my own golden rule doing this car, I never normally correct my own cars. Detail yes but correct no! That way when people say "oh you've got swirls" I can say with a clear conscience I dont correct my cars! This time I cant:rolleyes:

It was a tough assignment no joking, but each panel was taking 5+ hits, and hard hits at that to remove the marks but I think you'll agree it was worth it.

Best wishes

Tim

·
Registered
552 Posts
Looks great and I can atest to the hardness of the paint on these,. I've got a 2006 metallic silver version and the most time spent on it is a full day and I.m still not happy with it. Now i've seen a pro take 5 days im feeling a little more comfortable. :)
Hats off to your perseverance.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An enjoyable one I hear :thumb:..
Yes Rob as I said when I saw you, I wont rush to do another but I do think if it was one I actually got paid for I could muster MORE enthusiasm!

Absolutely stunning Tim great work :thumb:
Thanks Jody.

Nice little turnaround chap:thumb:
Cheers Chris

Hard work does pay off it seems :buffer: Looks great :thumb:
Thankyou very much

Nice work! :thumb:

I wondering why you didn't use wool pad with S3Gold?
I am not a fan of wool, keep trying it, keep not liking it!

Looks great and I can atest to the hardness of the paint on these,. I've got a 2006 metallic silver version and the most time spent on it is a full day and I.m still not happy with it. Now i've seen a pro take 5 days im feeling a little more comfortable. :)
Hats off to your perseverance.
Thankyou, yes it did take some doing to get it to where it is today but I will freely admit its still not 100% even after all that time.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I own one of these, and although they are a boring car, the practicality and the no fuss, 'right tool for the job' aspect to them is a total winner, especially if you have young kids.

Lovely gloss on the finsihed pics.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I own one of these, and although they are a boring car, the practicality and the no fuss, 'right tool for the job' aspect to them is a total winner, especially if you have young kids.

Lovely gloss on the finsihed pics.
I'd not be so damning as to say boring but an extremely practical and well thought out car especially when you compare directly with the rivals from Vauxhall and Renault.

Great work and 50/50 shot are excellent.
Many thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
That is lovely work.
I think these types of car are brilliant.
True you are not going to get Top Gear viewers drooling over them but it is fun watching someones face when you offer to move a load of furniture and it swallows the lot in one go.
Out of curiosity what would you say puts them above a Renault?
I have a Grand Scenic, I'm not trying to turn this into a 'My cars better than yours' thread. Just interested so I can narrow down the options when it's time to replace it.
Thanks
Rich

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.